Newpics what fish is this?

jjjoey

its a blue fish has kind of a spiky dorsal fin
it has a black spot on both sides towards the end of the dorsal fin and the beginning of the tail
it eats good, kind of territorial like a damsel

jjjoey

it also has like a silver patch inside of its body from its mouth to the center of its stomach

H

heart & sole

sound like a little blue damsel from what your describing...the silver patch is just food.

jjjoey

some more pics.. camera is horrible
but maybe u can make something out..
he may be a damsel

ci11337

not a longspine or a blue damsel. Theres literally thousands of things it could be. It could be a baby grouper for all we know.

jjjoey

he got it in panama
i've noticed he dosent have much color in the light, and when i turn the lights on in the morning his color is coming over, he has stripes coming from his eyes and going on his back
i tried to take some pictures..

markw

Maybe stop trying to take close up shots and try for a further away shot and crop it, the pictures might come out better so people can help ID what it is. Just a thought.
Mark

markw

if the problem is overall focus and not because he i moving, plan on how far away he will be when you snap the shot, aim at something at the same distance that is outside of the tank, half press the shutter button and this should lock focus so that when you put your camera up against the glass, it will focus up to as far away as the object you focused on outside of the tank. Follow the fish around until he gets within that range, and BAM you got the shot. Worth a shot.
Mark

jjjoey

i will try that

is it normal that after night when i turn the lights on he has his stripes that are a dark orange and brown but after about a minute with the lights on in the morning he turns blue and loses his color for the rest of the day

jjjoey

i keep trying to get pictures but the fish is too fast for my stupid camera :(
here are some more i know they suck and are still blurry but might help