niger trigger and shrimp

jay0705

Ok folks I've heard mixed things. I've heard they will eat any shrimp. Then heard they will tolerate cleaner shrimp. He was never going in my big tank, however his surprisingly good behavior has me thinking of it. All his current tankmates are going in the big tank. I don't have to have shrimp but I do think there a nice add.
Trigger info have had for about 2 months now. Has gone from 2" to prob 5". Smaller tank mates that he doesn't bother are scooter blennys, clown goby, fire fish. Other mates are same size or bigger.
Thoughts?

lmforbis

Holy crap 3 inches in two months. Obviously he's being well fed. I would think it would help keep him from eating things you don't want him to.

jay0705

Yea lol I was surprised how fast he grew. It seems its normal tho in their first yr. I was actually worried bc of how small he was , to add w my bigger fish lol. Its not just length either its width too. I do feed a fair amount, but its normal feeding for my fish only difference is clams. I started feeding those to that tank bc of him, but turns out the file, angel, and yellow tang like it to.

trigger40

its hit and miss IMO. if he looks well behaved you have a good shot at it working out, it really depends on the fish. my humu doesnt bother my cleaner and gets cleaned regulary. but my other will eat any invert within a couple seconds of it being in the tank.

jay0705

Thats what iam thinking. I guess well see. As he gets bigger, he's definitely bold but not aggressive

deejeff0442

I had a blue jaw. Which was supposed to be one of the more mellow ones. Lol not I added 3 cleaners and literally I turned around for less then a minute and all 3 were tore up.