Not new, but getting back into the hobby after a 10 year absence

pagoona1

I had a FOWLR about 10 years ago. I posted on this forum a few times as pagoona but I forgot my password and no longer have access to the email I registered with (mods, any help to access my old account?). Finally looking to get back into saltwater now that I have the resources (money, space) to do it the right way. I'm going to make sure I do the things I wanted to do the first time but couldn't: RO/DI water, a quarantine tank, and a sump.

I'm looking to buy this 60g tank on Craiglist. I don't want to post a link but here are pictures. Any thoughts?

Attachments

jay0705

Looks good, as long as your ok with only a 60 gallon tank. Not really big for sw but looks like a nice set up

one-fish

Looks Nice I would learn as much as you can from the previous owner all tanks have their own little quirks about them

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It is good for SW but it is on the smaller side and it doesn't take long to "outgrow" a smaller tank. On a budget though, and 2nd hand tank is a nice option to jump back in the hobby. It's already stocked so you won't be getting any joy from starting from the beginning. It looks like it has white edges or trim?

john rambo

Looks nice. I like how clean and concealed everything looks in the display portion. The container housing the equipment would have me a little nervous, but after seeing in person I'm guessing the plastic would be thick enough. I currently have a 65 gallon aquarium and have enjoyed it. I really wanted a 75 or 90, but the wall I built mine into wouldn't allow it, so 65 it is!