Nudibranch-Oy!

kkgaskin90

Long story short I have a nudibranch problem. I did a FW dip today to get them off my Zoa rock, but who knows if there are eggs (probably, though I can't see them). Thought about repeating the dip every 5 days for the next 15 days until the life cycle is complete...BUT I have a shipment of Zoas coming in tomorrow... What should I do? I have a 10 gallon QT I can set up, but the lighting is simple fluorescents meant for tropical fish, heater, and 20 gallon pump... suggestions???

kkgaskin90

I just got a talking to from a guy at the LFS... "NEVER do a FW dip...you probably killed them for sure now..."... but he brought up a point-they may not be nudibranch. Here's what they look like...copepods??? I'm way too green for this stuff:

I don't see any other critters that came off in the dip...but some of the zoanthids "burst" when I brushed over them...like they were already dead just held together barely.
SO. that being said...now what???
He also said there's no WAY I have Nudibranch since all my stuff is from them and they don't have Nudibranch...I'm taking that with a grain of salt

KHow

Based upon my recent and thourogh research, even IF you hade a horde of nudibranch in your tank, they would likely never predate upon zoos. They are a highly specialized feeder and will starve without their preferred food source.

geridoc

Based upon my recent and thourogh research, even IF you hade a horde of nudibranch in your tank, they would likely never predate upon zoos. They are a highly specialized feeder and will starve without their preferred food source.
:):):) I agree, highly specialized is a good description.