Pairing clownfish

Shilpan

Hey mate
That's definitely submissive behavior from both fish, though I'm
Not sure why the big one is doing it haha. Possibly the colour differences are causing confusion in perceived size.

My clownfish did that when the started pairing up. As for the 'seizure' behavior, I've had my clowns for 7 months (they're paired now) and my little male clown still does that and the rolling on a regular basis if the bigger female hits him.

I think you should let them be but as the others have said keep an eye out for over aggression. If a fish is getting damaged that means you may need to remove one.

jay0705

I remember see that for the first. I was like omg what did i do lol. They don't do it any more

Shilpan

Yeah when I first saw my fish siezure, I freaked out.

I was like "omg I've only had my first fish for a few weeks and it's already dying!!!!!!"

And then I think Joe or someone told me to calm down

Update: left them overnight, both still alive, no injuries, but the are still acting the same(female swims far away, then rushes back)

jay0705

How does she act when you've added other fish before? If you make it thru the weekend w o issue i think you'll be good

How does she act when you've added other fish before? If you make it thru the weekend w o issue i think you'll be good
When the small one was in the breeding box for a few days, the small one keeps trying to get to the female, and the female looks at him once in a while, this morning I looked at them and they didn't show aggression but the female swims away and come back to the male super fast, but that only happens when the male didn't follow the female, the male was following her everywhere(I never added any fish before until this one lol, she had a small clown b4, but he diedin qt (not sure why)

jay0705

Leaning that way myself. Of my pair the male is the most stationary, the female comes back to where he is