phosguard in a canister?

deejeff442

so i have been fighting hair algae forever.i bought a big can of phosguard today.now i have a reactor with those useless biospheres. i have a canister filter in storage can i run this stuff in a canister?

deejeff442

i figured i would buy a few bags and put thew media in them.i plan to empty the ceramic pieces.i just want to use it as a reactor

deejeff442

i asked my wife this morning where the canister is in storage.lol she said good luck getting to it storage is packed.great.

deejeff442

went and got 4 bags this morning along with some carbon .i have not used carbon in a long time so i figure why not?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/390062/phosguard-in-a-canister#post_3451983
went and got 4 bags this morning along with some carbon .i have not used carbon in a long time so i figure why not?
The only carbon I use in the 225G and the 54G is whatever is in the chemi-pure elite
I am about to purchase another filter for the 225G though....and run purigen in it...getting a Fluval FX5

deejeff442

right? i just tested ph its 7.4 and i did it twice.i am getting rid of these biospheres.they have been nothing but a big problem with my water.
i added buffer and i am sure will have to again tomorrow after retest

deejeff442

well i have a good feeling the alk,and ph are causing my algae.i just put two bags of phosphate remover in the reacto.i think i will let it go a few days like this checking ph.i put the biospheres where they belong in the garbage