Photography School

The photo below is one such photo that I took for myself. I'll admit... I'm scared of spiders and this little lady spent some time in my house. I say "little" sarcastically... she was every bit as large as my hand... and had me a weee bit nervous the whole time I had her as a pet. Albeit.... one that I never actually petted LOL
Aside from showing off the image... I posted it as a training aid.
Focal Length: 300mm
Shutter Speed: 1/200
Aperture: f/22.0
ISO: 400
What I want to point out is the DOF (depth of field). Now the main focus point is on the eyes, but you'll notice that towards the back of the regalis there is a reasonable amount of focus. You can even destinguish the individual hairs. The reason for this is because I stopped the lens way down (f/22). I might could have had the whole tarantula in pretty good focus if I would have done one of two things. Changed the f/stop to something closer to f/32 or changed my actual focus point towards the center (left to right) of the tarantula. As an animal photographer the second option really isn't an option for me. The eyes should always be the sharpest focus point of the image thus you should always focus on the eyes.