PhytoGreen-M

florida joe

I usually don’t endorse products unless asked to do so. In this case I feel I must. I dosed my tank with approximately 7ml of the PhytoGreen-M from Brightwell aquatics. Left my filtration off for 3 hrs. just ran good water movement. All of my corals have amazing expansion, I will continue to dose daily for a week and report my findings

2quills

I use reef phyto from seachem and get the same response. They're just happy you're feeding them my friend. :D

2quills

Analysis is virtually the same between the two. Reef phyto has more ingredients.

Are you saying you never got this feeding response before you used this product?

2quills

You sure it isn't because your use of the product just happened to coincide with the recent appearance of a full moon? My corals are always more open and active around this time.

I'm just wondering what's better about it?

How do I know you're not a paid operative for Brightwell Aquatics out here pushing the product?

florida joe

damn you got me there does that mean i have to return to them my 150k endorsement deal i have. that sucks ok ok . Reef phyto is the gold standard if you say so

2quills

No no no Joe. I'm not the one here making claims that one product is superior the other.

As a potential consumer I said judging by the analysis they appear virtually identical with the exception that reef phyto seems to have a little more ingredients.

I'm asking you what you believe makes this one better?

florida joe

My friend as long as we are on this subject, let me state some facts. I know you already know this but indulged me as this may be useful to new hobbyists. Corals are generally carnivorous. They mostly eat zooplankton. Or small water borne animals. Then we have the less utilized food for the majority of soft and hard corals. Phytoplankton’s which are small water borne plants. Bacterioplankton which is free living bacteria. Now back to my original thread. Making sure I have a self-sustaining pod colony’s for my mandarin and knowing that most pods use a herbivorous diet I supplement my tank with phytoplankton. The benefit to my corals is secondary.

Now if we go back to my posts you may have over looked that I use the terms , I will continue to dose daily for a week and report my findings " “my coral”, “in my case” “no i am saying IMO this new one is better. I know my tank i know my corals good is good better is better”

No for you question “I'm asking you what you believe makes this one better?” the answer is quite simple. I have used both products. I have to defer to the Eye test. In my opinion, the key words here Phyotgreen-M gives me a better secondary benefit then reef phyto.

Now of course it is always useful to know why but sometimes when speaking of something that is specific to your tank just knowing one seems to work better is enough.

Last edited:

2quills

So let me get this strait.

You're dosing phyto specifically for pods and yet you've somehow had this amazing response from corals that you've never seen before and you're able to claim the product works far better for you after 1 dose?

florida joe

EXACTLY that is exactly why i does with phyto. . and yes the response was amazing and yes after one dose it worked better for me then after one does of the product you use. You state and i quote "I use reef phyto from seachem and get the same response" so the choice is up to the user. It does seem rather hard for the normal person to make a comparison with out trying both products does it not ??

2quills

I've used different phyto products and I can tell you that actual coral response depends much on how you dose it.

I thought your goal was specifically for feeding pods and not for corals. Which is why I have trouble understanding how you can claim "works better" so easy. Works better at what?

If I want maximum feeding response from my corals than I go strait for the coral food that I use. I don't go for the phyto although there is phyto in there I mix my food to feed the differeny types of corals I have.

You know pods can live off of much more than just phyto? I'll assume you do.

florida joe

First what the hell are you talking about ? So you are saying all products are the same. and its only the dosing that makes them different ?and i will amuse you are more intelligent then you seem to be. you have used different products but have you used the one i mention ? it does seem strange that you are so annoyed that i mention the product i use. it is only my observation or have you not noticed. perhaps it is you that is getting a kick back for making sure only one product meets your expert and i use the term very loosely opinion approval

2quills

You miss interpret me my friend. I'm not annoyed just confused as to what you mean by better. Better because your corals opened up or its a better food for your pods? You started off talking about one and then shifted to the other.

Yes I ask because I fail to see how THIS product stands out over others as a consumer who might be interested in buying it. So I was hoping to get a little more than "I know my tank so believe what I say" kind of discussion. Forgive me.