placing LR

ryanbooton

I was wondering if it mattered whether LR was touching any side of the tank-like, leaning up against it-or if after having it for 2-3 months with fish and inverts I could still move some of the pieces around if nothing has started growing yet?

Originally posted by ryanbooton
I was wondering if it mattered whether LR was touching any side of the tank-like, leaning up against it-or if after having it for 2-3 months with fish and inverts I could still move some of the pieces around if nothing has started growing yet?

It shouldn't be a problem, But when it comes to cleaning the glass around the rock it is kind of a pain. That is the only real draw back to that i can see. And yes you can move it around after a few months, just becareful not to stir the tank up to much

clarkiiboi

I have to agree, after numerous rearranging of the rocks, I found that if I only lean some towards the back glass, thats best (at least for me). This way you can still clean the front and sides of the glass with no problems. You really can only see the unwanted growth on the back glass from the sides, which usually isn't even seen by on lookers---they are to involved in the uhhhhh/ohhhh from the front of the tank. I can still clean most of the back glass, but I perfer to let my snails have a go at it, that way they are never hungry. Just my .02 worth HTH