Pom Pom crab?! How do I get it out and find it.

35% Off ! All WYSIWYG fish and corals
I see it occasionally and would like to see it more therefore I want to move it to a smaller tank but don’t know how to catch and and not kill or harm it. It doesn’t even come out when I feed I think it’s nature is just cleaning up so I’m not sure how to go about this

Even in a smaller tank it will hide. Like you said it is in its nature. They hide from potential predators.
Yes I believe there is a bristle worm in my tank I’m taking the rock out tomorrow to soak in very hot water. But I have a smaller tank that I’d like to put the crab in just cause I like my viewing chances more if that makes sense and I look in all the rock holes and openings that I can see which I know there are more in-depth ones in the rock and would like to get him out ?

silverado61

Yes I believe there is a bristle worm in my tank I’m taking the rock out tomorrow to soak in very hot water. But I have a smaller tank that I’d like to put the crab in just cause I like my viewing chances more if that makes sense and I look in all the rock holes and openings that I can see which I know there are more in-depth ones in the rock and would like to get him out ?
The only way to keep it from hiding, I'm afraid, is to have a bare tank. They do come out during lights out using a red light for viewing. I wouldn't worry about the Bristle Worm. They are an important part of any CUC and I, for one, welcome them in my tank.

The only way to keep it from hiding, I'm afraid, is to have a bare tank. They do come out during lights out using a red light for viewing. I wouldn't worry about the Bristle Worm. They are an important part of any CUC and I, for one, welcome them in my tank.
But how do I know if it’s doing well? I think I’d just rather keep it in my smaller tank to begin with so I can add some fish that would potentially eat it. Also it’s like one of my favorite things in the tank and my smaller tank has a relatively very low amount of rock so. Yk i rlly would just like to put it there