powerheads for a 125

I am looking to possibly add some powerheads to my reef tank. I have a 125 gallon tank. Right now I have a mushroom, hammer, xenia, and star polyp, and looking to add more. I wanted to add something with movement on the powerhead. Right now I have 2 750 gph hydor koralia pumps, one on each side of tank. Is that enough water flow, or should I look at adding more power heads and with those two what size should I add (thinking that I want to do something with movement)?
Thanks

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tableforglasses http:///t/394684/powerheads-for-a-125#post_3512984
I am looking to possibly add some powerheads to my reef tank. I have a 125 gallon tank. Right now I have a mushroom, hammer, xenia, and star polyp, and looking to add more. I wanted to add something with movement on the powerhead. Right now I have 2 750 gph hydor koralia pumps, one on each side of tank. Is that enough water flow, or should I look at adding more power heads and with those two what size should I add (thinking that I want to do something with movement)?
Thanks
Hey there,
I have a 125g as well, and I have used Koralia's before. I purchased the Smart Wave controller by Hydor (around $60) and hooked up 4 evo 1400gph (2 on each side of the tank). I had to use two power strips to plug in the powerheads, then plugged the power strips into the Smart Wave controller. It worked pretty well. I had a lot of flow. You can have the controller alternate each side (from a couple of seconds, to a few minutes, to 2 hours, on then off). Or you can have both sides on for a set period then off.
I would say that you need more then the 2 750gph evo's. Check out online for the 1400's. I found them for about $55.00 each ($110.00 for two and then $60.00 for the controller= $170.00 for a ton of flow that can be controlled). Not too bad.
I have since upgraded to 2x MP40's and the Koralia's were pretty close to the same flow. The MP40's give a lot more options, but for a lot less the Koralia's were a great option.
HTH's

OK cool I was looking at the Hydor Smart Wave controller. Anyone used the SEIO powerheads? Seemed the reviews were mixed on them just wondered if anyone had any success with them. Also with the smartwave how many powerhead can you hook up to that?