Purple carnation coral

florida joe

This is what is said about this coral. The Carnation Tree Coral or Dendronephthya Carnation is one of the most beautiful and peaceful corals

It is extremely difficult to maintain in the reef aquarium, and should be housed in an established reef aquarium, by the more advanced marine aquarist. It requires low lighting combined with medium to strong water movement. It is necessary to have a constant current with an abundance of algal plankton. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of strontium, iodine, and other trace elements to the water.

It does not contain the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae. Therefore, its diet should include live, baby brine shrimp, micro-plankton, and other small foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates, in order to survive in the reef aquarium. These foods must be available almost constantly. Again, only expert aquarists should attempt to keep this coral.

While I do not consider myself and expert in reef tanks, I am not a novice. I don’t want to jinx myself. but I have had this coral for 6 months and it seems to be doing great . NOTICE I have is positioned upside-down.
IMG_2898.JPG

florida joe

how are you my old friend ? I am feeding marine snow, phydofest and marine reef plus. I think you should give this coral a try. amazing color and constant movement is required. Hard to tell in the picture but i have it under an overhang so its in a shaded area