qt and treating

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Helpful if you provided specific details about the problem you're experiencing. Do you have quarantine tank that's cycled, is your lionfish in the same tank with other fish, are you certain it is ich,? Etc, etc.

beredovon

Does it have ich or are you trying to prevent it? Has this fish been in your display?[/QUOTE
My 2 clownfish have ick so I set up qt tank and threat them with cupramine and I want to buy a dwarf liofish can I put the lionfish in the qt with cupramine ?

beredovon

Helpful if you provided specific details about the problem you're experiencing. Do you have quarantine tank that's cycled, is your lionfish in the same tank with other fish, are you certain it is ich,? Etc, etc.
I have qt tank cycled . my 2 clownfish its already in 2 weeks treatment with cupramine and I want to buy a dwarf lionfsh can I put in qt with copper?.

beredovon

Does it have ich or are you trying to prevent it? Has this fish been in your display?
my clownfish have ick then I set up a qt tank for treatment then I got A GOBY AND DARTFISH AND put also in qt with cupramine before putting them in display tank. I want to buy liofish dwarf its that ok to put in qt. with cupramine?

lmforbis

Were the clowns in your display when they developed ich?

When you add another fish to QT the time starts over. This is never a good idea. It is best to quarantine one at a time.

Don’t get a lion till your other fish are out of the QT. I wouldn’t treat with cupramine unless the disease is present.

If your clowns were in the display at all prior to you putting them into QT, your display is now infected and you can’t put the fish back until the parasite has died off. At the very least 6 weeks with no fish in the tank. 72 days is the recommendation from some disease experts for ich.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is the QT that you just set up cycled? What is the size of the QT? Best to treat/have only one fish at a time in QT.

beredovon

When you add another fish to QT the time starts over. This is never a good idea. It is best to quarantine one at a time.

Don’t get a lion till your other fish are out of the QT. I wouldn’t treat with cupramine unless the disease is present.

If your clowns were in the display at all prior to you putting them into QT, your display is now infected and you can’t put the fish back until the parasite has died off. At the very least 6 weeks with no fish in the tank. 72 days is the recommendation from some disease experts for ich.
I got them in my lfs store thats my first fish in my tank , then few days later I found white spot then watch them for 1 week while I am setting up the qt. Then Now there in qt for almost 2 weeks with cupramine then I got 2 new fish in qt also. Now I learned to qt fish before putting in my DISPLAY TANK.

beredovon

SO i AM THING TO GET A TANK RAISED MANDARIN FISH BUT i dont know if I need to put in the qt with cupramine or just put in the display tank directly since they are more resistant in disease? I dont know if that is true?

lmforbis

No mandarin. It will starve to death in a small tank. They need a large well established tank to survive. Minimum 90 gallon with a sump (bigger is better) and at least a year old.

Because your fish were in the display prior to being treated for ich you need to leave the tank fallow, no fish, for at least 6 weeks to kill of the ich. Treating the fish is not enough.