Refugium help

CarlL

I have a 46 gallon bowfront reef tank with a sump containing bioballs. I want to add a refugium but my sump is too small and hang ons are small. I have room to put a 10 gallon aquarium behind the sump but I am not sure how I would make one into a refugium and connect it to the sump. Any suggestions or plans would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

beaslbob

You might try a plastic storage container. You could drain the tank to that and then drain the refugium to the sump.

With a plastic storage container you can simply use a hole saw near the top and some plumbing fittings to form a bulkhead.

You could also use an hob overflow on the 10g. The overflow can be made from pvc plumbing parts also.

Or you could just partition the tank to form an in tank refugium.

my .02

I have a setup with a sump and another tank for the fuge what I did was put the fuge next to it but I raised the hight a little and added a bulkhead so the excess water can drain down the sump area.

her you gooooo its a little messy but it should do lol.. this is the 30 gal tank that I keep my skimmer, reactor and one return pump

this is the fuge

look at all that corraline algea

the hole that's going from fuge to other tank other side going to other tank