Safe to put in my tank?

dragonboy

It depends on who is watching you my friend takes rocks and hermit crabs from the tidepools all the time but you just got to becareful as there are guards out there to make sure your not talking anything from there.

gbpack

AS the code states:
All the beds, bottoms, products thereof, of the public rivers, bayous, lagoons, creeks, lakes, bays and inlets in the state and in the Gulf of Mexico within the state's jurisdiction are state property.
That would go for tide pools and all kinds of rock. Those items are property of the state of Texas. As for fishing you have to have a permit. I'll be the first to admit that I have taken some fish and such from the Atlantic here. This past weekend I snaged a colony of several hundread tiny tube worms. I filled a bottle with water and took it home and put them in my tank. I assumed the risk with doing it though. Here in Georgia there is not much that could happen to me, but if I were caught in one of the protected areas my ass would be grass. Just don't ever try it in Florida. I think everybody there will turn you in if they see you taking LR. LR down there is highly illegal. I was at a marina a few weeks ago in St. Augustine and saw some sponges and other neat stuff that would go great in my tank. I asked the guy that owned the docks I was on if I could take some of the things growing on them. He did not care but he said if I got caught taking them then he did not know me. I took that as I might not want to do it. It's nice(tempting) too see it in the wild and wish you could take it home(free). But we really should not do it.

cyslyde

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
lol, iv seen people take back live rock from hawaii and no one has a problem, but the locals get pissed.

I asked about that while I was there, I was told how i could aquire a permit to get a few fishes.. but was told rock was strictly off limits (but if i didn't ask, he wouldn't tell), and since teh customs inspect every plant animal, and piece of dirt that goes in or out i decided it wouldn't be a good idea

cyslyde

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
yeah, im wondering how much and sexotic species license is, in mexico there are rocks covered in zoos! pink, blue, red, green, orange, you name it!

that would be cool.. i guess though i would really be worried about unseen stuff in/on the rock, now that my tank is set up of course