Schooling Bannerfish or Longfin Bannerfish?

Y

yoshii

The Schooling Bannerfish(Heniochus diphreutes) is supposed to be reef safe, and the Longfin(Heniochus acuminatus) is not.
So far, I have found out that the Schooling Bannerfish should have this characteristics:
-rounder belly/

[hr]
-shorter/stubbier snout
-larger eyes
-rear black stripe "cuts" the anal fin in half
-more rounded anal fin
-schooling fish
Here's a picture of the bannerfish I just bought, but IDK which one it is. I think it might be H. diphreutes because of its shorter snout, but I'm not sure.
sorry for the horrible quality

Y

yoshii

Ok, my dad went on a vacation and took the camera with him, so I can't upload any better pics at the moment, but I really think it's a schooling bannerfish.
It's in quarantine right now with a zoa frag and an orange monti cap frag, hasn't even picked at them, it's never really even looked at them except once when I first put the monti in the tank.
I also have Xenia in the quarantine, but in a place where the bannerfish can't get to it (just in case)

S

shrimpy brains

I agree! Schooling, not longfin, but I had to look it up. Didn't know about the 2 looking so similar. Good info. and good for you for researching well before purchase!

Y

yoshii

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3269217
I agree! Schooling, not longfin, but I had to look it up. Didn't know about the 2 looking so similar. Good info. and good for you for researching well before purchase!

Haha I know, when I first started researching, I thought someone made a typo or something cause they look so similar!
Thanks for the conformation :)