Seahorse and scorps and shrimp, Oh My!!

anjiro

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2978249
I live in LA, so there are a lot of fish stores here. I'm also a Rep for certain aquariums products so I see ALOT of fish stores in a day. They keep a look out for certain fish for us and we visit the wholesalers occasionally.
Thats awesome. We dont really have many good stores here in Tyler tx and they never get anything neat.... Beautiful anthias as well

R

regina13

Wow! Now that is a beautiful fish!
Do you have full talk shots of more of your tanks than just the seahorse and lionfish tanks?

coral keeper

WOW!! AMAZING tanks and fish!! How many tanks do you have? Seems like you have a ton of aggressive/angler/scorpion fish.

cranberry

*blush*
There is 12 set up at the moment. But there will be a lot less once they are all out of QT and placed in their permanent homes. A bunch of them will be going together.
I have no idea how I will be able to go on vacation ever again.

cranberry

Originally Posted by picoseahorses2
http:///forum/post/2994482
hey douhave ur different seahorse species in one tank??? i heard that ur not supposed to do that??? Can u?

After all these years I decided I was going to try mixing again. Bought the horses from the same breeder at the same time.... 3 different species. QT'd them for something like 6 months... in separate tanks. Once I put the erectus and the reidi in the 50g, one was dead within a month...... I believe there is an increased risk, but I have no proof of that and cannot speak to it scientifically..... There were lots of variable besides 2 species being mixed.

cranberry

The problem with these guys... once you snap a couple of pics of them you're pretty much done. They don't really do anything new and exciting.

K

kikithemermaid

Where do you keep your peacock mantis shrimp? They can break glass, correct?

cranberry

Naw....... but ours is in a 24g long acrylic. If you were worried about breaking the glass of a smaller/thinner glassed tank, just put a piece of acrylic in the bottom. This is the panel that takes the most repetitious assault.
Now the G. chiragra.... he could probably do it to a cheap/thin glass tank.

K

kikithemermaid

What do you feed him? They fascinate me, wish I could get one.

cranberry

All the meat eaters get a mixture of fish flesh, squid, octopus, clam, mussel , shrimp, scallop, whatever looks good at the pier. Today I bought a different type of flounder... let's see how they all like it tomorrow.

fishkid13

If you feed you fish this (below) then maybe they would be more willing to do wierd stunts, so you can take a picture of them.
Attachment 221782

Great tanks keep up the great job. About how much do your anglers and other fish cost? I have seen some of them that can be a really high price.

cranberry

Their prices really vary depending on where you get them and what colour they are.
The newest pic. I have to hurry up and get him in his new purple coloured tank and out of this meadow of green.