Shipment delay

keri

Long story short: My shipment is delayed and it will be 48hrs (at least) from when it was shipped to when I receive it. It's just a rhodactis mushroom and an anemone, but I hope they don't die! They were well packed but it was only supposed to be 24 hours, not 48.....so basically what I'm looking for here is someone chiming in that they've had a simmilar situation and it turned out ok.... *crosses fingers*

mboswell1982

who are you ordering from? thats an awful long time to be waiting, thsi is why i am so leery of ordering fish from online when we finally get our tanks set up

keri

It's silly, it's a place just over in Vancouver (I live in Canada, can't order from swf.com) which is just a 40 min ferry ride + 40 min drive away and it was sent by greyhound yesterday - it was supposed to come directly here but now they (greyhound) is saying that it's a minimum of two days! I wouldn't have shipped it that way if they had said that originally, it's just that it's just SO close!
From what I hear swf.com is really good about shipping, as are many places here....it's the transit companies that mess up sometimes.

keri

well, it was here this morning....which means it was here last night (the truck only comes at 11am) and the stupid lady wouldn't even bother to LOOK for it yesterday!!
Everything is cold but I'm crossing my fingers

keri

the mini 'nem seems to be trying to poop itself inside out and the mushroom looks melty but it ain't over yet. (I had the lights off for acclimation except for the pics)

keri

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2839947
that sucks, i hope they pull through, LOL im down in vancouver wa :p but seriously, i hope they make it

Any good reef shops out your way? I don't know if I could cross the border with anything but it might be worth a try.

mboswell1982

i am searching, i found one today that me an the gf both liked, but, its gonna be next summer for the build im gonna end up doing, since she changed her mind on doing twin 20's and wants now to do twin 75's UGH lol, the things i do to keep her happy LOL she wants 2 tanks, so we each have our own tank, and now wants them to be big tanks, which means, we gotta wait til we get our house next summer before doing the tanks
but, oh well, just gives me more time to plan, design, and what not, and the tanks are gonna be built by me, yay me lol, and are actually gonna be 79g, they're gonna be 52x22x16, longer,, wider, and shorter than ur standard 75 hehe

keri

Ha... I think my husband understands what you're going thru - we went from an 8g to a 27g to a 65g to a 120g....in a little over a year ;)
Bigger is always better in this hobby.

mboswell1982

welll, im still gonna do the twin 20's ive decided, just gonna do the twin 79's first LOL with an awesome stand, well, ill have to work up the design on paint shop so everyone can see it LOL if you want, check out my set up thread in the fish only section for the twin 20 design LOL im goin with the second design, with the tanks side by side, for when i do that one :p

mboswell1982

the twin 79's are actually gonna end up being a part of our tv stand, its gonna be interesting once i finally get the stand built, all 3 sections of it LOL cause as big as its gonna be, if me an her dad built it all in one piece, well, we'd never move it, EVER, without a forklift LOL