smoke blowing

sheila678

I have something in my aquarium that appears to blow brown smoke..I could not see what it was it was on and behind a rock.. It looked like some sort of snail from what I could see... Does anyone know what it may be?? It happened when I turned my light on this morning...

casper1875

Something spawning?
My feather duster made my water all white. It's in the front of the tank and I could see it just blowing out all this white stuff.

flower

Originally Posted by Sheila678
http:///forum/post/3101043
I have something in my aquarium that appears to blow brown smoke..I could not see what it was it was on and behind a rock.. It looked like some sort of snail from what I could see... Does anyone know what it may be?? It happened when I turned my light on this morning...

I never heard of this myself...but if something is releasing stuff...is it steady??? Did it do it for just a moment?? Is your tank cloudy now???

loopy101

if it looked like a snail it was probably making snail love. my stomalla snails do this on a reg basis...

the_bandit

I have had the same problem as you I think. Don't know if it is a problem but it sure it strange. One of my hitch-hiker snails (Not sure what its name is but it has a very thin shell, looks like a snail without a shell) He is usually nocturnal but was out during the day on the side of a rock where there was alot of current. He then proceded to spit or spew out brownish looking microbubbles. If they were baby snails, I'll be extremely happy but I think I only have him, no others. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. Just want to let you know you aren't in this boat alone.

spanko

Love smoke!!!!
Bandit what you are describing is most likely a Stomatella varia great clean up crew member. Look like this?