smokinstarfish

balashark21

smokinstarfish u have been helpin me out so far tyty but could i put a toby puffer or 2, a snowflake and a small skool of damsels in a 55???

A 55 gallon would be the minimum size. The snowflake moray will eat anything that fits in its mouth, but the toby puffer, or blue-spot puffer, is known to co-inhabit with smaller fish like damsels. At the most, the eel, the puffer, and three damsel fish, IMO.
Are you sure an aggressive tank is the way you want to go? The novelty of flesh-eating fish wears off surprisingly quickly. I researched an aggressive set-up with a snowflake and a dwarf lion fish last spring but decided a reef tank was ultimately the way to go. You'll never get bored of that.
If and when you get those fish, add one at a time and make sure the tank is cycled well... at least three months. Get the damsels first to help seed things before the more expensive residents arrive.
Does this sound good to everyone else?
:D

balashark21

hmm that sounds good and all but for a good reef tank ur talkin 1000+$ and i dont have that kinda money cuz u need like 200 worth of liverock, 100 dollars worth of livesand, a ton of crabs, clownfish, anemonies, coral all that is wayyyy too much money and an aggressive tank would be alot more affordable, i would like a reef tank tho but its just not in my price range

Gotcha. What kind of filter are you thinking? Wet/drys with bio balls are the best for aggressive. That will save you lots on LS and LR. Actually, a DSB if done with Southdown can be less than $100 I think. I would do both if it's affordable.

balashark21

hmmm i dont know much about filters and stuff...lol...i will get the best one i can afford tho the one u said thats good for aggressive tanks probably

balashark21

think i could add that cleaner wraisse or whatever its called later on?? to keep it clean?? also do i need a tank set up with water for like 24 hours or sumthin b4 i put fish in?? thats what i got the impression of

balashark21

wish i could afford a reef tank by the way...how do u know all this stuff about fish?? ur really smart, uve probably been into this stuff for like 10 years

The two best filters you can make yourself; a wet/dry and protein skimmer. Look on the DIY forum and search around for these. I made my wet/dry from a bucket for about $30, not including pump, and for the protein skimmer I bought a cheap one for $25 and upgraded it for my tank for an extra $15. Good to know if you're on a budget.