Snowflake eels

Kaitlyn

I want to get one, but if it's not suitable, I don't have to have it. I've got a lot of snails in my tank and crabs. Is it true that they are going to eat them? I wondered if it was a hardy race and if I could be victimized by it? I'm just looking to go with my other fish for something exotic and peaceful.Id like it to be exotic and at the right price! Help me out
Thanks!

Kunal Patel

I have had my snowflake eel for about 5 years now. I think it depends on personality of the eel. I heard they eat crabs, shrimp, lobster and fish they can fit in there mouth. Mine I have only seen eat crab and ghost shrimp. I think a big think that helps, is feeding I hand feed mine everyday either a silver side or squid so he is always full and won't eat anything else. He actually gets picked on by much smaller damsels. They are very hardy and mine unfortunately has gone through a bit but thriving well. My fish has had ich most did not survive and I put my tank into hypo salinity and the was not bothered one bit by it. Hope this helps!