So. Who are you voting for?

jay0705

I'am a trump man myself. Honestly most of his competition I hate. If he had a decent rival I may think otherwise. He's pro gun, pro stronger immigration laws, and basically just pro American. Plus Russia likes him, how could we go wrong lol

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Trump pretty much spits out whatever he thinks conservative leaning voters want to hear. Never mind he can't do half the crap he claims.

jay0705

You sound like my wife lol. I agree alot of his ideas would never happen. However Hillary is nightmare, bernie isn't much better

2quills

Cruz, seems to be hitting the most bases with me in what I'd like to see get done.

I really like Kasich, but I don't think he's going to win the nomination.

Democrats must not win. It would be the nail in the coffin for the middle class if they do.

jay0705

I agree on democrats. I wish the election was actually all by the people. Not this electoral college , this party and that party, ect. Just bc someone doesn't get the dem or rep party to back them, shouldn't mean there a lost cost. Basically now it that is the case

bang guy

looks like it's going to be either pro big business or pro big business. I'll vote for local positions but I don't see a need to vote for President, they are pretty much all the same.

Kristin1234

Cruz, seems to be hitting the most bases with me in what I'd like to see get done.

Democrats must not win. It would be the nail in the coffin for the middle class if they do.
Cruz here as well.

Kristin1234

I'am a trump man myself. Honestly most of his competition I hate. If he had a decent rival I may think otherwise. He's pro gun, pro stronger immigration laws, and basically just pro American. Plus Russia likes him, how could we go wrong lol
I like Trump. I like some of his plans. But I couldn't vote for him. I would be too affraid his big mouth would piss off that crazy Korean or any others and it just wouldn't end well. I will vote for him though if he gets the republican party. I just pray any republican wins really.

Kristin1234

It would be a nail to the coffin for the country. Except women and Africans. Lol. That's all they seem to aim for. And if Obama can do it, why can't they.

And no before it even comes up I am not racist and I am a female.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It would be a nail to the coffin for the country. Except women and Africans. Lol. That's all they seem to aim for. And if Obama can do it, why can't they.

And no before it even comes up I am not racist and I am a female.
All are aiming for various audiences for the vote, Trump, however, is completely over the top. Putin likes him?? Wonder why......no I actually I don't wonder why. Its a sad state when he's at the top of the conservative run. Do you really think independents are going to vote for that 2-ring circus? Independents determine the presidency, not left nor right voters.

jay0705

Last look I had the crazy bastard AKA trump, has been leading the rep vote. I'am in ny generally a democratic state. Yet alot of folks agree w what he's selling. I agree w his stance on immigration to a point. We do need to something bc this country is a sitting duck the way it is now. Now a wall for Mexico?? Eh a bit much, just let border patrol shoot a few of them and see how fast that slows them.
Kristen's point w n Korea. I agree he would be Hated!!! By foreign governments , but is this really a bad thing?? Maybe its time some of these nut jobs actually did have something to fear from this country.

2quills

I don't think Putin actually likes Trump lol.

However, Putin I believe would have a healthier respect for someone like Trump because he isn't the push over that we have now. Trump, knows it and so does Putin.

The only reason I've been considering him at all is that I believe that someone with a strong sense for business is what's needed to help straiten things out with Washington.

If you tried to run a business the way our Governments are ran then it would fail rather quickly. Too much waste, glut and fraud because it's way too easy to abuse.

That's what a good CEO would do when when charged with saving a sinking ship. Sometimes you have to clean house and start fresh. The American People need to clean their house. It's well overdue.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The strong sense of business thing just does not work for politics nor running government. Government is not a business and can't be run like one. Yes, you could say that if there were more business mindedness then we would not have debt run amok. Yet, how many Republicans have been president and have still run up the bill? Our politicians need to respect that the money they spend is NOT theirs to spend (ITS OURS). However, that really hasn't got to do with knowing how to run a business because government never will be anything like business....its the public sector, not the private sector. Its not for profit, its about service to country and citizenry. Look for a president that respects the people s/he serves and our constitution.

2quills

The strong sense of business thing just does not work for politics nor running government. Government is not a business and can't be run like one. Yes, you could say that if there were more business mindedness then we would not have debt run amok. Yet, how many Republicans have been president and have still run up the bill? Our politicians need to respect that the money they spend is NOT theirs to spend (ITS OURS). However, that really hasn't got to do with knowing how to run a business because government never will be anything like business....its the public sector, not the private sector. Its not for profit, its about service to country and citizenry. Look for a president that respects the people s/he serves and our constitution.
What people are seeing now is that the current status quo of politics in Washington isn't working for them. The majority of people are fed up with it so they invariably and almost predictably start looking in the opposite direction for answeres.

We don't need to turn government into a business. I think the establishment parties have done a fine enough job of that already.

But people need to start being held accountable. The bigger the government the harder it is to keep track of.

geridoc

Expecting Trump to run Washington like a business earns a big laugh from me. Read his book on the "At of the Deal", and look at his business history. His mo is the "Art of the Flim-Flam", and he gets to declare bankruptcy every few years to start over again. Governments don't have such a reset switch, so hope you don't get what you ask for.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Expecting Trump to run Washington like a business earns a big laugh from me. Read his book on the "At of the Deal", and look at his business history. His mo is the "Art of the Flim-Flam", and he gets to declare bankruptcy every few years to start over again. Governments don't have such a reset switch, so hope you don't get what you ask for.
Exactly right. He declare bankruptcy almost as often as he opens his big dumb mouth. Great businessman my arse.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
He's a low class act, jay. I understand the desperation for looking for something other than the same ole same ole in Washington, but really? This clown?

Also, his business history of declaring bankruptcy to solve problems doesn't exactly prop the point that we need a business person as president. He's an example of why a successful businessman is not really a selling point for the presidency.

jay0705

Lol ha ha ah beth I luv u.
I get the clown factor honestly. If this was an election w Clinton not the wife! It wouldn't be close. Trump would be an afterthought. But after 8yrs of such bs, people are ready for a shake up. He's the most boisterous of the bunch so I think people are drawn to him. That said, yes he declared several bankruptcies. Yet is worth what? 1-2 billion. He knows something about business. I hope someone does come out of this as a true front runner, but rt now people like what the crazy bastard is saying