Some basic picture posting questions - please help .....

overanalyzer

OK How do some of you folks get huge pictures on here?? I have to resize mine down so far to attach the pciture that they are always tiny .... I use the attach file feature. Is there a way to attach a larger picture?
Do I have to host it on an external web site? If so will webshots work as a free hosting or will it return those annoying blocks that will not allow a picture to be posted?
Between work and school and a few other outside projects I have not looked into any other free picture site?
Thanks in advance!

ryebread

Hey there Jerome-
What I normally do is size the pic to what I want.........say 4x6 inches @150 dpi. Then if you are using a photo editing program..........IE Adobe Photoshop, you can try the Save for Web
funtion to shrink down file sizes to basically whatever you want.
I will be putting together a F.A.Q. on photos/resolution stuff soon that might help.
As far as free web hosting servers go.............not sure of the good ones but, I do know that Webshots will not allow you to host pics to another site......tried it a while back. You may want to find something that allows you to have your own domain name to host pics from. Good luck on it.

splash1914

you can use www.geocities.com for free web hosting... I noticed if I have a ton of hits during a certain time period, my site closes down for about an hour...this doenst happen too often.....but its free!

overanalyzer

thanks guys - just tired of my tiny pics .... size matters :D :D
May just have to suck it up and spend 15 minutes whipping together a web site!!