Some new Zoas. ID?

tthemadd1

I got two plugs this past week. Eagles eyes? Three others. Two are hitchhikers on the plugs. One is almost a brown camo, the other is a purple field and orange mouth.

snakeblitz33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthemadd1 http:///t/395136/some-new-zoas-id#post_3517066

More of the same.
What's up with naming zoas? There's hundreds of them. buy them for their color and form - not because they are designer. Over time, even the people that have named them forget what they are. rant over... they are pretty though. good catch.

tthemadd1

Ok? Just buy "fish" too. I understand there are many types of Zoas. I saw a link the other day with a huge list. Ill just look there.
You don't need to respond if you don't want to answer the question.

deton8it

Do you have a pic of the hitchhikers? Also, the rock in the second pic is covered in red bubble algae. If I were you I would pull it out and carefully pick it off. Don't pop them because that is how they spread. They can plague a tank quick if not kept under control.
John

tthemadd1

The additions are the purple one on the top of the first pic. The second is straight on at the bottom. Literally looks like camo.
Yeah I have been working on this bubble issue. Slowly it is withering away. Does the peroxide dip kill bubble like it would hair algae?

ak_reefer

The first pic its hard to tell the color of the disc but look up Everlasting Gobstopper or Carlitos Alien Eyes those are similar to the first pic. The second looks lik Eagle eyes. HTH.
Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

deton8it

Personally, I pull the rock out, get some tweezers and pull the base of them off of the rock. Hopefully the peroxide works. Popping the bubbles releases spores that plant more bubbles. Lets hope that the spores were killed also.
John