Something u don’t see everyday

Discussion in 'New Hobbyists' started by iidylii, May 5, 2018.

1. iidylii

iidylii Active Member

not sure what the heck happened but all the sudden my fire fish is swimming around with half a body :(

2. lmforbis

lmforbis Administrator Staff Member

Looks like somebody had fish for dinner. Do you have a crab or such in there.

3. iidylii

iidylii Active Member

No that’s the weird thing I don’t have any oversized crabs just your normal hermits...a couple tuxedo urchins...I think this is a stretch but is it possible bristle worms could have done this? I have a ton of them now but hardly think they could do something like that...coral banded shrimp as well but i dont know if he would be the culprit either :(

4. iidylii

iidylii Active Member

Interesting now that I look at my shrimp he is missing one of his big claw arms so that seems like a very likely culprit

5. lmforbis

Coral banded shrimp have been known to go after fish.

6. jay0705

jay0705 Administrator Staff Member

Agreed, they definitely could do it

7. silverado61

silverado61 Well-Known Member

Howz the little guy doing?

8. iidylii

iidylii Active Member

I think he must be a goner I haven’t seen him...not sure a fish can survive in that condition lol...he was missing about half his body...I caught my CBS and it now has a new home in the sump...which sucks u pay good money for a cool looking shrimp and now it will never be seen

9. lmforbis

You can always go down in the basement and visit him.

10. iidylii

iidylii Active Member

I suppose your right everytime I go down to top off my tank I can go over and say hi assh#%* thanks for killing my purple fire fish that had been doing fine for 2 years :mad::(:eek::D:p

11. lmforbis