Sooo starfish died. . .

lmforbis

Don't over do it the snails create their own waste and if they eat all the algae they won't have anything left and will eventually die causing a new problem.

In my 120 gallon I have maybe 30 assorted snails. Turbo, cerith, margarita, and nasarius

kunathm

Going away for three days, I have a timer, should I set it up for 6-7 hours of full light a day or just leave it off and let the cleaners finish cleaning up the tank all the way ?

jay0705

I'm surprised you haven't had a problem with only two clowns. 3, 5, 7, 9 and so on is recommended. Clowns change sex's with the female being the alpha of the group.
Me? Never have. I have my original pair still from 6 yrs ago. I got them young and picked a slighly larger and smaller pair

lmforbis

With clowns two works as long as they are both male when added or an already bonded pair. Often more than two don't but there are exceptions. Just look at the BRS clownfish harem tank. I can say, having seen it in person several times, it is packed with a ton of clowns. I've never seen a skirmish. Maybe because there are so many to diffuse the problem.