Spots on Damsel

blazin2k6

Can anyone tell me what this is ? My fish seems to be eating fine and swimming normal. It just appeared all of a sudden and i am wondering what it is. My tank is still in the process of cycling. Only had it running for 13 days now. Any help would be great. Thanks

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps the beginnings of lymphocyctis due to exposing the fish to the toxic conditions of cycling tank.

blazin2k6

Yeah im thinking maybe that is what it is. Because it seems to be disappearings slowly but shortly throughout the day. I put a little RO water in there today in place of the evaporated water. But thanks alot for the input. I was getting really worried.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You should continue to be worried, since your fish is still exposed to toxic conditions. Try doing small water changes daily.

al mc

Blazin...Beth is right. Stress caused by marginal or poor water conditions in a cycling or established tank are linked to several diseases. If you do frequent (every day if needed) small (10-20%) water changes untill you have good water parameters you will be rewarded with healthy long lives for your fish.

sepulatian

Do the spots shrink in size or some fall off and others appear? Can you post your exact readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, kh, sg, and temp?

blazin2k6

Yeah thank you guys for the responsed. Unfortunately i am unable to post my water parameters because i havent been able to buy a testkit but i will be doing it hopefully tuesday. I have just been going to lfs every couple days and having them test my water and they said everything is Perfect. I did buy Digi Temp thermometer today and it seems that my water temperature might be High. With lights on i was getting 83 F. With lights off for 4 hours now 82 F.
Why isnt there much change in this temp ? I mean my room temp isnt even this high. How can i lower it and do you think that might be a problem ?

sepulatian

I am more interested in the spots. Have any fallen off yet, or are they the same spots shrinking in size? You need your own test kit ASAP!!!! Your LFS will tell you that everything is perfect. If they are not giving you actual numbers then they may be full of -you know what. They want you to buy more fish, no matter what. Test your water yourself! Do you have a qt set up yet?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
Yeah thank you guys for the responsed. Unfortunately i am unable to post my water parameters because i havent been able to buy a testkit but i will be doing it hopefully tuesday. I have just been going to lfs every couple days and having them test my water and they said everything is Perfect. I did buy Digi Temp thermometer today and it seems that my water temperature might be High. With lights on i was getting 83 F. With lights off for 4 hours now 82 F.
Why isnt there much change in this temp ? I mean my room temp isnt even this high. How can i lower it and do you think that might be a problem ?
82-83 degrees is fine. It is a little high but stability is more important than numbers. What kind of a hood do you have? Is it all glass or is there ventilation?

blazin2k6

Well i got rid of that fish long ago and took him to LFS. My orchid dottyback hasnt had anything on him thankfully. :) He has appeared very healthy since i gotten him 2 wks ago. Also i raised the small front lid and it keeps the temp down now between 78-82 ! Thanks for all your help people.