Stocking an Oceanic Biocube 29 HQI

btldreef

Also something to consider: The anemone may choose not to host. If the clown continues to try to get it to host, the anemone will start moving. I've seen clowns beat anemones to death, or irritate them so much that they just continue to move. They try to get away from the irritation.

rickross23

I assumed he was not having other corals with the nem, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem having a anemone tank.

So I absolutley should not put an anemone in this tank correct.... Will a torch coral be fine then because I really want the clowns to interact with at least something :/

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxplaya1234 http:///t/392056/stocking-an-oceanic-biocube-29-hqi/20#post_3479639
So I absolutley should not put an anemone in this tank correct.... Will a torch coral be fine then because I really want the clowns to interact with at least something :/
LOL...Clowns choose their own path, mine liked the output hose from my canister filter. After I switched to a sump system it liked the return. All the while I had an anemone and coral for it to be buddies with, 8 years. If you like the fish, get the fish...but don't expect for a second it will host with anything, sometimes they do and most times they don't. I have had my clowns kill coral by wallowing it to death. For the most part they hang out in a corner and do nothing but tred water day and night in the same spot. All SWF are territorial and claim their piece of the tank and the rock formation they call home....The clown fish most times will buddy up with another clown and one becomes the female and is larger, then she beats regularly on the smaller male. Then they lay eggs on a rock nearby that the other fish eat. Some folks go ahead and raise the fry...I never did.
Anemones are a pain in the backside. They get sucked up in the power heads, and to prevent that we cover them, which makes the PH work less efficiently and clogs them up so we have to keep cleaning them which makes more work for yourself.
They also go roaming and as they go they sting coral and feed on your shrimps and anything else stupid enough to get too close. They are basically beautiful fish killers and shrimp eaters.
They have to be spot fed, they need super lights just to live and 99% of the time they die because they need perfect water quality, which new beginners have a hard time maintaining.
I no longer care much for clown fish, they bore me and frankly I have grown to hate the anemone...oh they are indeed beautiful and all, but I wouldn't put one in my tank.

btldreef

I assumed he was not having other corals with the nem, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem having a anemone tank.
This is why you need to read the posts. His first line says he prefers a reef tank.

Ok I'm a little confused but what your saying is that anemones aren't good for this size tank but I can include other corals right?

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxplaya1234 http:///t/392056/stocking-an-oceanic-biocube-29-hqi/20#post_3479687
Ok I'm a little confused but what your saying is that anemones aren't good for this size tank but I can include other corals right?
Just like in the other post. I will spell it out to you ,I'm typing very sloooooow. You can not mix corals and anemone in this size of a tank. I had an Haitian which is a small anemone, it took over half of my 20gal. long, was stinging all my corals.

rickross23

This is why you need to read the posts. His first line says he prefers a reef tank.You are a jerk. I'm leaving this forum because pf your rude comments. I have had it to HERE. Goodbye.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross23 http:///t/392056/stocking-an-oceanic-biocube-29-hqi/20#post_3479692
You are a jerk. I'm leaving this forum because pf your rude comments. I have had it to HERE. Goodbye.
That's going to get you far, calling people jerks? Especially a moderator?
What's rude, is you giving information without even bothering to read the original post and what the person was asking for.
You want to leave, so be it. But I will not sit idly by while you give false information and don't read posts before commenting.

rickross23

Good. I will leave. Congrats on losing a active member of the site. No wonder why you guys keep losing activity? The people who moderate are not nice? Sorry snakeblitz and other nice people here, but I can't take it. Reefcentral, hello.

mr. limpid

Always drama, people are always getting there feeling hurt because they don't hear want they want to hear. There are a lot of good people here who care more about fish then peoples feelings.

flower

I think Rickross was young, or maybe he just came off that way. I hope he licks his wounds and comes back. Being corrected when you offer misinformation is why the site works so well. If we mess up when we offer advice, somebody hopefully catches the mistake and speaks up...we all learn something that way, and it protects us, creating a safety net of advice coming from many instead of one.