Tang care

Peterbuff

hi I was wondering if anyone could
Help me diagnose my kole tang, I got him a week ago and he showed no signs of disease in the store but a day after I brought him home he was looking horrible and still is for a week now. He's got this white fuzzy stuff on his mouth almost looking like his mouth is cut a little and is scratching all over
The place and is discolored and won't eat a thing, I have him in a
20 gallon with only a single chromis and watchman goby both showing no signs of sickness and eating well. If anyone could tell me What he has and what to do it would be a big help!! Thanks

jay0705

Tell me the 20 is your qt? Sounds like a fungus, there are treaments for it. Beth would know best

jay0705

Ok, the 20 is way to small. The stress of confinement isn't helping matters. I use a 29 for qt and I hate putting tangs in that. Luckily none have had issues to deal with in it

Peterbuff

image.jpeg
The spots yeah but his mouth is with with little little fuzz almost like his mouth is kinda scratched off a little

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I just read the 20 gal tank...that is a big issue. Post your water readings: ammonia, pH, salinity, nitrite, nitrates.

Peterbuff

Ok I'll be home in a little bit ill check them and really it could be ammonia poisoning?? Ps I just did a water change last night

lmforbis

In that small tank you will have problems with any tang. It will be stressed which will lead to disease and eventually death.