Tank build

sberto

Hey all,

Well I'm at the final steps of the new tank build. The plan is a 120g 'superman' style display with a 40g sump.

I'm looking At mostly softies but will have a few SPS's as well as some fish.

Looking at putting Hawaiian black sand (90lbs), 100lbs of live rock, 1 Hydra 52HD, in sump skimmer, in sump refugium.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

sberto

Superman style is like a pentagon but not all equal sides. So the back corner will be 36"x36" and then the sides are 18x18 and then the front part will be about 25".

And yea, just one Hydra. I contacted aquaillumination (who were great to deal with BTW) because I originally thought two Hydra 26 but they drew a coverage diagram over my tank drawing and determined that one Hydra 52 would cover everything.

2quills

Yep makes perfect sense for that shape of tank.

I was picturing a standard 120g with a red cape and only 1 fixture lol.

If you're gonna mix sps with softies I recommend running carbon in the system.

sberto

Yep, the sump will have a spot for media such as carbon. But I didn't know it would be beneficial with both softies and SPS's. Thanks 2quills!

Hopefully I have the tank within the next few weeks and I'll post some pics.

Hey all,

Well I'm at the final steps of the new tank build. The plan is a 120g 'superman' style display with a 40g sump.

I'm looking At mostly softies but will have a few SPS's as well as some fish.

Looking at putting Hawaiian black sand (90lbs), 100lbs of live rock, 1 Hydra 52HD, in sump skimmer, in sump refugium.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Hi sberto,

Good luck with your set up!
What do you plan to put in your tank?

Zhenya