Tattoo Ideas

the_bandit

My next tattoo will be for my mother and I am having so trouble with the specific design. It will be on my outer forearm on my right arm. It will be next to the tattoo I got for my father. The tattoo for him is a 50's style Mic because he is a Comedian and has always loved the 50's. I also added Comedy and Drama masks because I got sick and tired of being asked if I was a singer.

I would like the camera to be similar in the way that it is 50's but that's not set in stone.

Anyone have any idea's or designs they would be willing to share? I'd really appreciate all the input.

S

smartorl

If you are going with the 50's vibe, what about a pinup? They are a true classic.

meowzer

Well I know nothing about tattoos, BUT you say you got the other of the mic cause your father is a comedian who likes the 50's

What does your mother like???? OR when you think of your mother, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

S

smartorl

Certainly, people come in and ask for them all the time. I just drew up one a few weeks ago that was a nurse because my friends mom recently passed and was most proud of her time in Vietnam as a triage nurse, which is how she met his dad.

Not all pinups are slutty, I'm a girl and have one on the inside of my left forearm. Mine represents me being a Florida girl, really out of place living for a year in Massachussetts, reminded me of who I was when my life was upside down.

A tattoo is all about what it means to you. If a pinup isn't your style, no biggie, but when someone talks of the 50's, they come to mind for me.

You could actually play something between the Mic and the pinup.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/380447/tattoo-ideas#post_3311286

A tattoo is all about what it means to you. If a pinup isn't your style, no biggie, but when someone talks of the 50's, they come to mind for me.

LOL...when I think of the 50's, I think of poodle skirts and high pony tails

of course I wasn't born yet

the_bandit

I do like the idea of a pin up girl. I've always wanted one. My mom was and is a very attractive women. It would look great incorporated with the Mic. It would be really need to have a camera hanging on the pin up's neck. I appreciate the idea and help. Do you do tattoo's or just get them Smartori?

The tattoo you have is fantastic. Very attractive without being slutty. That would be something I would like.

S

smartorl

I tattoo here and there, since they went more mainstream, it seems everyone calls themself a "tattooist" so I kind of cringe but I have done my time! I am a silent owner in a shop here, but for the most part, I have other things I enjoy more that pay the bills!

Let me look around through my books and see what I have as far as some of the classics and see what I can come up with to give you some ideas.

Are you wanting to stay black and grey or go with color?

the_bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/380447/tattoo-ideas#post_3311323
I tattoo here and there, since they went more mainstream, it seems everyone calls themself a "tattooist" so I kind of cringe but I have done my time! I am a silent owner in a shop here, but for the most part, I have other things I enjoy more that pay the bills!

Let me look around through my books and see what I have as far as some of the classics and see what I can come up with to give you some ideas.

Are you wanting to stay black and grey or go with color?
I would prefer to keep it black and grey.

the_bandit

Well, I talked to my mom about the pinup style tattoo and she hates it.

I really like the idea of getting a camera on my arm. She has always loved taking pictures, looking at pictures, editing pictures, the whole nine yards.

Like all other children, I see my mom as a kind, caring, loving person. But when I think of her, one of the first things that pops into my head is her always with camera's.

The picture attatched is something that I was thinking about doing.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bandit http:///forum/thread/380447/tattoo-ideas#post_3315101
Here is what I got. I think it turned out great.

I have been kind of hanging out just watching it all unfold, keeping my comments to myself and all....
As insane as I feel marking your body up like that..I must admit it looks really nice. I like the film that connects the two together, your tattoo artist is very talented, and the camera is much nicer tn the first picture you showed of one..

S

saxman

I like the ink, and in a way, the camera is already classic: pretty soon peeps won't know what film was! Much like some kids don't know what records and tapes were...everything is CD/DVD.