thanksgiving plans

35% Off ! All WYSIWYG fish and corals
#2
I hate thanksgiving. I'm always expected to gorge myself on grandmas food. Every year I have to go the g-parents (which isn't all that bad) but my grandma (as all do) goes way overkill. Biggest turkey she can find and every single imaginable side-dish - mashed taters and gravy, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, au graten taters, 2 types of stuffin, home-made and canned cranberry sauce, candy yams, bunches of biscuits, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cherry pie, apple pie.......
Everybody ends up in pain and regetting the 10 pound plates they reluctantly cleaned. Not this year though. I don't care how rude or inconsiderate it seems, i'm NOT stuffing myself. I'm going to eat a healthy portion and retire. No seconds, no 10 pound plate, no un-buttoning the pants to go in for more - that's not what thanksgiving was about.
 
#3
Well, I personally love Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday of the year, even though I really dont like turley that much. My fiance and I are going to my sisters house this year. She lives about 2 hours away from us and my parents and ever since she had her first kid 3 years ago she has been hosting thanksgiving...
This is the one time a year I make one of my favorite recipes... Butternut Squash and Roasted Garlic Bisque!!! Its fantastic but I did have trouble convincing the family to try orange soup the first time I made it
 
T

tizzo

Guest
#4
OMG windmill, sounds like you have it awful... LOL.
My mom cooks the dryest turkey in the world. I've tried making the dinner, but if it's not bone dry they think it's not done!!
I barely eat anything for turkey day since I don't like the turkey, and eat pretty much a carbless diet otherwise.
But if I was at your house, I'd throw the diet out the window. If EVERYBODY ends up hurting, the food MUST be good.

Say hi to gramma for me, tell her I wish I was there.
But this year, I get to go to the good ol' Youngstown Ohio, to visit the family.
I'm looking forward to it. :joy:
 

lovethesea

Active Member
#5
Originally Posted by windmill
I hate thanksgiving. I'm always expected to gorge myself on grandmas food. Every year I have to go the g-parents (which isn't all that bad) but my grandma (as all do) goes way overkill. Biggest turkey she can find and every single imaginable side-dish - mashed taters and gravy, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, au graten taters, 2 types of stuffin, home-made and canned cranberry sauce, candy yams, bunches of biscuits, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cherry pie, apple pie.......
.

I WANT MY GRANDMA BACK
When can I show up??? :joy:
You put black eyed peas in there and it would be even MORE heavenly.
 

lovethesea

Active Member
#6
Originally Posted by windmill
. Not this year though. I don't care how rude or inconsiderate it seems, i'm NOT stuffing myself. I'm going to eat a healthy portion and retire..

check back with us on that. I say that every year
 

scubadoo

Active Member
#9
A trip to the MOuntians of New Mexico...where it will be my pleasure to watch the Bucs kick the crap out of the Cryboys. THen a quick drive to Ski Apache and hit the snow tube run.
 

ruaround

Active Member
#10
Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
A trip to the MOuntians of New Mexico...where it will be my pleasure to watch the Bucs kick the crap out of the Cryboys.
 
#11
I'm back to work, so back online too.
Not this year though. I don't care how rude or inconsiderate it seems, i'm NOT stuffing myself. I'm going to eat a healthy portion and retire. No seconds, no 10 pound plate, no un-buttoning the pants to go in for more
I did it. I had a morning snack to hold me 'till food time. I had a full plate with a lot of mashed 'taters and gravy and a little bit of everything else. Cleaned it and left it there. Didn't even touch desert. Everybody thought I was sick, but I felt frickin great.
Now lets hear from those who stuffed themselves too much or more than once and how miserable they made themselves.
 
Top