The new tank is up!!

keri

Well, it's been a long process but here are all the fish and corals and most of the inverts finally together in the new 120g. The fish came from our 65g and 27g, it's so cool watching them explore their new digs! The little foxface is trying to buddy up with the SF tang, and the SF is showing him how to eat the macroalgae (something he's never done before!!)
I had initially wanted a "chasm" in the middle with rocks going up both sides but it didn't really work out that way and the way these rocks are placed there is actually a ton of room for flow and hiding spots. we didn't build too high to allow for things to grow, it was hard to work with all of the rock, some ended up in the sump.

FTS: (most fish still shy as I had to wipe the drips off the front)

I was really impressed as only 1/2 hour after putting them in almost all of the fish were eating frozen food. The yellow wrasse is still in hiding and the scooter blenny was eating pods though both of those fish jumped out of the bucket while acclimating!! :surprise:
Here is a pic of some of the corals settling in and the foxface (his name is FOXFACEFIVE! with
the "!") peeking out around the corner

In this shot you can see the old 65g in the background all cloudy and barren except for one anemone that I'm trying to get off of the glass and ALL the xenia...oh god, don't get me started on the xenia.... I have been ripping, teasing, pulling and MASHING that stuff off of the rocks for 2 days. I LOVE the way it looks but it is NOT going in my new tank, that's it!! It killed one of my favorite digis and I'm holding a grudge.

Here is a shot of my xenia in it's new home....Find your way to the sea my pretties!!
(I Can't get that SMELL out from under my nails!!) :crazyeye:

In this shot Enrique the Azure demoiselle is staking out his new territory

I put the clown's BTA + rock + eggs around the corner fairly close to the glass so I could photograph them easily, I'm so happy they found it right away!

One last FTS with almost everybody out. Ok....maybe all the hard work is worth it... What do you think?

keri

Ha.... well...if it was up to me? There are a couple of things I'd like, fish who don't "play well with others" but I think the plan is to just shut them down, our house can't handle the humidity of all those tanks (there is a nano as well as a 55g FW in house too) or we might convert the 65g into a FW tank and move the FW fish that we allready have in there as the T5's would be nice with the plants.