thinking about hard corals

1guydude

LOL...ya intresting stuff though! Id love to me a marine biologist as snake is planning on doing!

snakeblitz33

Why don't you become a Marine Biologist? You're only 22 - You have plenty of time to get an education and settle down.
I was in college for almost 4 years as a Business and History major and was extremely unsatisfied with my decision. My college didn't have a Marine Biology major, so I dropped out because I wasn't happy with it. I'm waiting on my wife to graduate and then we're uprooting our lives so that I can go back to school and she can teach. I was considering salary and benefits as part of my career decision, when I should have been looking at how much I loved to go to work every day.
It's never to late to do the things you love to do it life. My wife told me "Figure out what you like to do then find out a way to get paid for it." So I'm going for it!

1guydude

ya i already have a decent job tat i go to work at everyday! Honestly ill think about it...my life is a bit hectic at the moment! My job would pay for the school too!
Can u imagine going on expeditions and scuba for a living...id love to go to work than!
idk

snakeblitz33

Lol, I'm actually really enjoying the ecology/microbiology part of reefs at the moment.
Don't settle for mediocrity.
I am going to be one of those people... studying coral reefs, going to marine labs, hopefully give a speech or two and maybe end up finding a college to teach at later. In any case, I'm in it for the long haul now.

1guydude

well hopefully ill get laid off eventually lol than maybe ill have the drive as u do! Until than or another speed bump, im coastin

snakeblitz33

Lol! I have no interest in quantum physics. I was just trying to share some useful information that I read about reefkeeping. Funny though.

travelerjp98

My sister originally wanted to be a marine biologist, but she re-decided to be a vet. She's gonna start college in January!

snakeblitz33

If she's a Freshman then she will probably change her mind again before it's all over with.
I wanted to be so many things, but nothing else gave me the same kind of satisfaction except for my curiosity of marine life.
Most people that major in Marine Biology find out that it's not the right major for them if they want to train/swim with the dolphins. Marine Biology is for people who want to study ecology, microorganisms, do lab research on marshes and wetlands... coastal areas, etc. etc.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/387729/thinking-about-hard-corals/20#post_3414813
If she's a Freshman then she will probably change her mind again before it's all over with.
I wanted to be so many things, but nothing else gave me the same kind of satisfaction except for my curiosity of marine life.
Most people that major in Marine Biology find out that it's not the right major for them if they want to train/swim with the dolphins. Marine Biology is for people who want to study ecology, microorganisms, do lab research on marshes and wetlands... coastal areas, etc. etc.
She has a Bachelor's in biology... so I think it's the right thing... anyways it's on a pretty island in the Caribbean and the college is right on the beach... she thinks she'll have time to even look at it... never the less swim in the ocean.