Time to add new Friends

Discussion in 'Fish Only Tanks' started by one-fish, Mar 20, 2017.

1. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

Looking to add a few more livestock to a 55g Tanks been up and running now a good 8 months. Currently have 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 molly, snails and hermit crabs. Have a DSB w/sump complete w/pods and chaeto. Wanting to add a Watchman Goby w/pistol shrimp then maybe later a Coral Beauty. Think I am good but only if I can get them from my LFS...may have to order the shrimp haven't seen him carry any. Would like to watch there symbiotic relationship. Any tips or concerns..comments..

2. lmforbis

lmforbis Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan. Having a plan, in my opinion, leads to better success A watchman goby is on my list for future fish.
    I have never had a pistol shrimp to go with it but would also like to have one of those. I have heard they can dig up the sand bed pretty good.

3. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

A plan is Spot on ...been here long enough to see many rush into adding livestock only to see them die.

4. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

Been researching a little more and have talked with my LFS on a special ordering So the results are in Going to order a Red banded goby w/a Randall's shrimp. Have read they may need to adjust to the new tank surrounds and may hide a lot at first, also eating may come slower than some fish. Anyone have experience with this pair or a paired goby and shrimp

5. lmforbis

lmforbis Well-Known Member

You might look at divers den for this. Their fish are eating and quarantined, not necessarily quarantined long enough but at least a while. They frequently have goby and shrimp pairs.

6. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

Really skeptical about buying online due to the shipping costs. I'll find out on the costs and compare. Heard of Divers Den on here a lot seems many use them. Might be time to get with the picture they do have a lot more choices than a LFS...Thx imforbis

7. one-fish

one-fish Active Member

Looked at divers den and w/shipping seems the cost is about the same as LFS.....plan is to buy from LFS and bond a-little w/him...plus got $65 worth of B-Day Gift cards at his store.....Lol