toadstool leather coral not doing so good

thresher9

I can't seem to figure out this coral. It's miserable, looking at him makes me want to just cry. This leather coral it practically white when he's suppose to be light brown and is always tipping to the side instead of straight up. I've try high light, low light, both with gentile and moderate flow with no change. I thought maybe I was bleaching him and cut back of the time the light is on to 6 hours instead of 8. I use to have a toadstool before that was so easy to care for until my tank had a tragic fresh water disaster. I don't understand why I can't get this one happy.

Tank - 46 gallon
lights - metal halide, 150 watt bulbs
Ammonia - 0
Nitrates - 0
Nitrites - 0
pH - 8.2
Phosphates - 0
Calcium - 450
salt - 1.024
temp - 80F

bang guy

Alkalinity Alkalinity Alkalinity other than salinity and temperature there is no other more important water parameter and yet half of the hobbyists don't test it.

thresher9

I did test it and forgot to add it to the list. It's some where between 11dKH (196.9ppm) and 12dKH (214.8ppm). I decided it was closer to 11 though. All my other coral is fine, so I'm not sure whats up with this one.

bang guy

I see nothing wrong. Gently flow is definitely not going to make it happy. If anything a turbulent flow would be a better choice. A moderate flow should have been adequate though so I'm at a loss.

Do you run GAC? I wonder if there's some chemical warfare going on.