Tomcats: a public service announcement!

keri

I work in a vet clinic... and the moment I walk in I can tell if there is an intact (not neutered) tomcat in the building. It happened again today, the woman was adamant that she wanted to breed her "very special" (read: matted, stinky, regular old Domestic Medium Haired cat) but I have to wonder.... Does she know that he is making her house smell like a urinal? Because he really does. I think....maybe the smell creeps up on people so they don't notice? I totally understand keeping your breeding male special-breed toms intact, you can't have more without them, a necessary evil but... regular cats? There are LOTS of them out there, I'm fostering a litter right now.... I have nothing against regular cats, I have 1, he's fabulous... and neutered.
I dunno.... maybe some people just don't know?
ok, end of rant, sorry - but I couldn't get that smell out of the exam room for HOURS!

reefraff

It seems to be some pet owners can be completely irrational about their loved ones.
In the town I used to live in there was a case where a guy killed a cat that was repeatedly crapping in his garden. Now it's not cool to kill someones pet but the owner's response to repeated complaints was her cat had the right to do it's business wherever it chose. The guy should have killed the owner. He was prosecuted but in my opinion she should have been too.
Among the really stupid pet laws where I live now there are some real good ones too. Cats have to be licensed and are subject to the same rules as dog owners. License for a cat or dog is 55.00 a year unless the animal is fixed, then it's 5 bux a year. I really like this. If a breeder cant afford 50 bucks a year for their license they have no business breeding animals.

gypsana

People make me so mad. They do not spay or neuter their pets then complain about numerous aftermath problems, kittens, diseases, spraying, etc. But as Ron White said "You can't fix stupid!"

K

kikithemermaid

I worked as a vet tech for 3 years...still remember that horrible smell!

wattsupdoc

Some people are just plain stupid about their animals. Take my stupid a....well sister in law. She has some cocker spaniels. Now I'm a dog lover but I have always hated this breed. They are stupid and many are biters. I've not known one that was very well behaved. Anyway. She currently has 8 of them. She THINKS shes a breeder because they do mate with each other.
Not too long ago my mother in law came down before I went to work and asked me if I'd put one of 'em down. She was crying so I agreed. I went up there and to my horror, there laid this very large dog. This one wasn't a cocker, but some other breed and I actually liked this dog. It had huge holes in various parts of it's body that were filled with fly larvae. I was horrified as the poor guy was still alive and was pretty sure he was going to be thankful for what I was about to do. She had left them in the small cage she called a "kennel" in the summer with a full coat and the big guy couldnt take it. So he laid there for like 4 days before anyone attended to him. Any how, these damn dogs she has now, she had them for sell when they were pups, but wouldn't come down from like 450.00 each on them so now she's left with 2 y.o. dogs that aren't house broke, aren't trained at all, don't behave, run out in the road in front of my car, chase my car come down to my house and attack my dog, crap in my yard, get in the trash...just make life hell. She thinks she has these special stock dogs as the one male once won "best of breed" in a three dog dog show in Oklahoma .
My mother in-law had a very nice brick home before they moved in. Now it stinks really bad and probably has permastink. I better shut up now as I'm sure I could go on all day long about this and never find the end.
My wife used to have three male cats. All were nuetered. They never stunk or sprayed anything. Now we just have Bob here for a cat.

wattsupdoc

Here's a hint. My mother in law has been married 7 times. Divorced 7 times.....She thinks because I am married to her daughter, I am married to her also....
I absolutely hate my sister in law....
Only two people I feel this way about in this world...I wont mention the other....
Hey your not a shrink are you?
Maybe trying to pick my brain or something? Stop poking around in there will ya?

meowzer

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
http:///forum/post/3024547
Here's a hint. My mother in law has been married 7 times. Divorced 7 times.....She thinks because I am married to her daughter, I am married to her also....
Only two people I feel this way about in this world...I wont mention the other....
Maybe trying to pick my brain or something? Stop poking around in there will ya?

now this is what you need to do.......blah...blah...blah

keri

http:///forum/post/3024521
Some people are just plain stupid about their animals. Take my stupid a....well sister in law. She has some cocker spaniels. Now I'm a dog lover but I have always hated this breed. They are stupid and many are biters. I've not known one that was very well behaved. Anyway. She currently has 8 of them. She THINKS shes a breeder because they do mate with each other.
Not too long ago my mother in law came down before I went to work and asked me if I'd put one of 'em down. She was crying so I agreed. I went up there and to my horror, there laid this very large dog. This one wasn't a cocker, but some other breed and I actually liked this dog. It had huge holes in various parts of it's body that were filled with fly larvae. I was horrified as the poor guy was still alive and was pretty sure he was going to be thankful for what I was about to do. She had left them in the small cage she called a "kennel" in the summer with a full coat and the big guy couldnt take it. So he laid there for like 4 days before anyone attended to him. Any how, these damn dogs she has now, she had them for sell when they were pups, but wouldn't come down from like 450.00 each on them so now she's left with 2 y.o. dogs that aren't house broke, aren't trained at all, don't behave, run out in the road in front of my car, chase my car come down to my house and attack my dog, crap in my yard, get in the trash...just make life hell. She thinks she has these special stock dogs as the one male once won "best of breed" in a three dog dog show in Oklahoma .
My mother in-law had a very nice brick home before they moved in. Now it stinks really bad and probably has permastink. I better shut up now as I'm sure I could go on all day long about this and never find the end.
My wife used to have three male cats. All were nuetered. They never stunk or sprayed anything. Now we just have Bob here for a cat.

lol... yeah .... just because your dogs....well... do what dogs DO
.... doesn't make you a breeder!!

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/3024521
Now we just have Bob here for a cat.

Where did you bag him?

http:///forum/post/3024547

Isn't 8 times the limit in OK?
But hey look at the bright side. I have a friend who at his sister-in-law's wedding they are going to have 3 armed sheriff's at the wedding as guards because the sister's family has threatened to break up the wedding...

wattsupdoc

Hercule's Glades National Wilderness. About 1 hours drive from here. He's a big ole Tom.
Stands guard over my 135 now.

I don't know what the limit is in OK. She's from there but lives about 300 yards from me here in Mo.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3025167
Hercule's Glades National Wilderness. About 1 hours drive from here. He's a big ole Tom.
Stands guard over my 135 now.

I don't know what the limit is in OK. She's from there but lives about 300 yards from me here in Mo.
What she..don't talk like i'm not in the room

Where are you from????

wattsupdoc

Calm down, calm down...My mother in law...
I'm just a softballs toss from the north east corner of where your from...

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3025190
Calm down, calm down...My mother in law...
I'm just a softballs toss from the north east corner of where your from...

LOL...You have no clue.....I am in the farthest S.E. corner of OK....Right next to the Texas line...