translucent snot growing

bevancristi

2 questions here. I have this translucent stuff growing on my live rock. I scrubbed it off and it grew back. It starts off like a smill white translucent tube then grows into this. Then I have this pure white stuff growing on my live rock also. I hope you can tell from these pics. Thanks in advance.

dschwartz

I think I have the same thing, stays in one spot - could think of a good way to describe it to ask about it; you summed it up pretty good.
David.

spanko

Sponge, no worries here. Filter feeding off of available nutrients. Most don't last in our tanks. You may have even killed the one out of the water.

S

skyelr3

i have this too and have been trying to figure it out. mine has grown a lot and has many many 'arms'. it is on at least 3 live rocks that i bought from someone and has expanded in just a few weeks.

bevancristi

Well my big rock I have taken out of the water and scrubbed it down in saltwater and I must not have got it all because it grew right back. When it starts off it looks like translucent volcano. How do I get rid of them?