Triggerfish Vs. Lionfish.. PLEASE HELP!

Triggerfishlove

Hello!!!
I have had my 75 gallon tank up for about 6 months :)..
I have a huma trigger, undulated, and clown trigged for a few months doing great!
I recently added in a lionfish for about 1.5 months (he is doing great and beautiful!).. I got a pineapple triggerfish he is very small compared to my other triggers in the tank.. he’s about 1.5 inch - 2 inches while my other triggers are about 3.5 - 4 inches..
my problem now is that ever since adding in the pineapple my lion is terrified to come out! He is always hiding, whenever I do see him start to come out the pineapple trigger attacks! I noticed today that my lion is missing a few of his fins.. I really love him and want him to live, I’m just at a loss of what to do!
Any advice please!

jay0705

First way too many fish for that size tank. Especially that kind of aggressive fish. The undulated will eventually kill every other fish you have. Triggers for the most part should not be housed together or w lions. Lions are not aggressive fish, they just eat other fish. Triggers with very few exceptions are aggressive fish.
I would rehome the vast majority of your fish.

lmforbis

I agree with Jay. Really only one trigger per tank. And for triggers they need a huge tank, 180-220 gal min. Lions also need hides holes. I’ve seen many diving. They are usually in a hole in the rocks hiding out, or ne’er their hole.

Triggerfishlove

First way too many fish for that size tank. Especially that kind of aggressive fish. The undulated will eventually kill every other fish you have. Triggers for the most part should not be housed together or w lions. Lions are not aggressive fish, they just eat other fish. Triggers with very few exceptions are aggressive fish.
I would rehome the vast majority of your fish.
I had triggers perfectly for years in a previous tank and was successful with a lionfish previously...

All my triggers get a long just fine, my undulted is actually my most timid trigger of all...
thanks for the advise tho!

Triggerfishlove

I agree with Jay. Really only one trigger per tank. And for triggers they need a huge tank, 180-220 gal min. Lions also need hides holes. I’ve seen many diving. They are usually in a hole in the rocks hiding out, or ne’er their hole.
He has hiding holes! That’s where he’s been at the past few days, still eating seems to be doing well, just not as active currently (I’m assuming he’s not feeling after getting bit..)

lmforbis

Your triggers are young. They will grow up and they will reach sexual maturity. They will NOT tolerate other triggers in their territory once they reach sexual maturity. One day one will decide the rest are infringing on his territory and that will be the end of the others and likely any small fish you have in your tank. The first one that snaps will fight the others to the death.. Triggers are large aggressive fish. They have large territories. A 75 gallon tank is no where near big enough for one sexually mature trigger let alone 4.

jay0705

I agree w imforbis. The only reason it works rt now is bc their young. However in reality its not working bc the lion is getting attacked