Trouble getting a fish to eat

Shilpan

Some people have hatcheries apparently I could search for them and try ask them for some. But I'd need to build or buy a hatchery setup then right?

Or can you just chuck them in the refugium?

Shilpan

Oh sweet ok well I'll look around for it. Will update you guys when the rabbitfish starts eating something else.

(Btw for those who read my firefish bangaii Cardinal aggression thread, you're right the bangaii tolerates them now unless they swim super close and the firefish are out
Heaps! Thanks)

Shilpan

Will do! I think my extra feeding raising nitrates to 5-10ppm maybe a good thing. I've started getting more macro growth over the past week since I started feeding more.

lol mum's like you think this is bad? Imagine what I went through when you didn't eat your food...

Shilpan

Update- so I mixed the seaweed nori and macro on the clip today. And he tried to nibble the macro only but I think he got some bites of nori so I'll keep trying that.

Secondly when I fed the macro-meat mixture I swapped the macro for a herbivore mix today (insects, crustaceans, spirulina, brown Algae and veggies like romaine lettuce). Soaked all in garlic. I noticed something interesting today he had a feeding response chasing the food. He ignored the meat of course but he ate the veggie leafy bits, spat them out, ate them again, spat them out and repeatedly did that till it was tiny pieces he spat out then he left it there. Did this with a few pieces of leaves. What's the meaning of this? If my foxface wants to eat it he just swallows it whole.

Also his grazing habit is insane there isn't a blade of algae anywhere, he eat everything.

Shilpan

Haha yeah!
Do you know the reason for the spitting and chewing and spitting and chewing and spitting and chewing behavior?

Is he trying to get used to the food or something?

Shilpan

Final update! You were right as always :)

He just randomly started eating everything after I skipped one day's feeding.

He now eats mysis, chaeto and a blend of herbivore mix with veges and insects.

He also really really likes that chorella flakes from Seachem.