True or False Perc?

C

crashjt

I think the top is false but the bottom??? def. a cool looking one though

kydizzle41

well usually i dont know if this accurate 100% of the time but a true percs pattern will be different
as you see on this picture the stripes have a kind of different patter

florida joe

True clowns are very similar to false but the true generally has more black pigment on the body but what the hell do I know top fish a false bottom could be a true

funkysean5

I'm confused, I know that true percs have 10 dorsal spines, and false have 11, but I can't count them, they move too fast. And I'm not sure about either of them, because of the thick, black lines around their white stripes.

05xrunner

yea def not percs..a true perc eye as well has a distinct orange around the black. the false percs the whole eye is basically black

funkysean5

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
http:///forum/post/2874227
yea def not percs..a true perc eye as well has a distinct orange around the black. the false percs the whole eye is basically black
Are you sure? Because both of my clowns have a orange circle around their eye, and I know it does not look like that in the pic.

05xrunner

yes they probably have some orange but it is not as sharp and defined like a true perc..here is my old true perc..look how defined the orange area is around the eye

false pers how more of like a fading look of black to the edges
here is a false..like how yours look

guitarplr85

Ok new Question, what is the difference between false and real? is one tank raised and the other wild? Im just curious because I know I have false, and i want to add a ananomie, but someone told me that false ones wont even show it the time of dayh because they are tank raised and they know no different. If thats true or not I dont know
Thanks.
Eric

bang guy

Originally Posted by guitarplr85
http:///forum/post/2874517
Ok new Question, what is the difference between false and real? is one tank raised and the other wild? Im just curious because I know I have false, and i want to add a ananomie, but someone told me that false ones wont even show it the time of dayh because they are tank raised and they know no different. If thats true or not I dont know
Thanks.
Eric

I hate the term false & real. They are both real Clownfish. I don't know who started that but they should be barred from the hobby.
Ocellaris and Percula are two different species of Clownfish that are similar in appearance.
Whoever told you that Ocellaris are all tank raised and don't adopt Anemone is not a reliable source of information for your future questions.
Just a suggestion but I'd advise you to avoid purchasing an Anemone until you have some additional experience with your aquarium. They are not as easy to keep as it would seem.

guitarplr85

I do have some experience I have been doing this for three years now, and now im thinking of doing an anenome. I have about five corals already. Brain coral , bubble tip, zoo's and some mushrooms. I have just got into the clown and anenomes. I was just curious why everyone classafied them as false.
Thanks

bang guy

Originally Posted by guitarplr85
http:///forum/post/2874557
I do have some experience I have been doing this for three years now, and now im thinking of doing an anenome. I have about five corals already. Brain coral , bubble tip, zoo's and some mushrooms. I have just got into the clown and anenomes. I was just curious why everyone classafied them as false.
Thanks
My appologies for understating your experience.

guitarplr85

Oh thats ok, I guess I can say i am not expierenced on the clown fish and anenome area. I have had clown fish for a while but i want to get them an anenome, but I was just told tank raised wont even give it the time of day, but see Im not sure. If you have experience with this i do need help on it.
Thanks Sorry for the confusion.
Eric