Trump tax plan

snakeblitz33

Thoughts on the elimination of payroll taxes in favor of the 1-5-10-15 federal tax?

More money in your pocket means more money to inveat, save and spend.... How does that affect social security?

pegasus

Depends on how the new taxes are allocated, and how much money gets channeled into SS. I think if they "trim the fat" and kill a lot of the nonsensical programs, SS should be okay. It's viable until 2036 as it is, but after that there will be a 19% cut across the board. Something needs to be done, and done quickly. There are a lot of people depending on getting a return on all the money they've invested in the program. As it is, it's so far gone that current benefits are paid along the lines of a ponzi scheme... which never works long-term. Sooner or later the bubble will burst. Can't blame it on the baby boomers reaching retirement age, either... they worked and paid into the system. It's the "hands-in-the-cookie-jar" that is killing SS. Borrowing money from the fund and putting in worthless bonds as IOU's doesn't cut it. It isn't, nor has ever been, and "entitlement". The money you put into savings isn't an entitlement, and neither is the money you put into SS. There... I said it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It's the "hands-in-the-cookie-jar" that is killing SS. Borrowing money from the fund and putting in worthless bonds as IOU's doesn't cut it. It isn't, nor has ever been, and "entitlement". The money you put into savings isn't an entitlement, and neither is the money you put into SS. There... I said it.
Exactly right and Congress responsible should be ousted or even jailed for doing so. Nothing to say that they would not continue along those lines no matter what system was in place.

I have to study more about that plan, but I have not taken Trump seriously, and I don't like him either.

jay0705

I am not a trump fan in general however I would vote for him. If he is truly genuine I like alot of where he stands politically. Just shows how ass backwards are gov't is currently

Kristin1234

I think it would be great.

As an employer, we pay so damn much money in taxes that it is ridiculous.

Eliminating payroll taxes, and even allowing the small businesees to go back to the George Bush tax brackets would be so damn beneficial to the US.

Last edited:

Kristin1234

From what I have seen so far, I would vote for Trump without second thoughts.

Only problem I have with him is his toupe and fake orange tan.

beaslbob

I not in favor of any tax scheme where there are deductions an more than one tax rate.

FWIW as we already know no one has invested anything is social security. None of our money is in the social security account. It has all been spent on wars, controlling our lives, and give a way programs like paying people for not working.

my .02

Last edited:

2quills

Sounds great but would require eliminating much of the entitlemen money that too many people in this country aren't ready for yet.

I like the fact that he's tough but I don't think he'll win the votes in the end.

Then again, I don't think anything about this country would suprise me anymore.

beaslbob

On Trump:

FWIW
He is against china (and Mexico) "cleaning our clocks on trade".

To me there is a very dangerous precedent on protectionist trade policy. That precedent was the Smoot-Hawley (spelling) trade act (1930) under Hoover.

With the trade protection, just as Trump (and others) seems to like, the US stopped getting the "clocks cleaned" just like they wanted. The result----trade stopped and the recession spread to a world wide depression.

Additionally, it is ignorant to assume that China or any other nations will always have a price advantage. Because the exchange rate will change increasing the cost of China's labor as US dollars flow to China. Which is why 10-15 countries now have more expensive labor than the US. That was not the case before 1970 or so where the US labor was the highest paid in the world.

my .02

Last edited:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
From what I have seen so far, I would vote for Trump without second thoughts.

Only problem I have with him is his toupe and fake orange tan.
Which leads me to wonder what else "fake" there is about him that we don't know about him....I think plenty.

I don't think he's all that intelligent and that does scare me.

pegasus

Donald is "all the rage" due to his un-political approach to politics. He's telling all the things that people who are fed up with government exactly what they want to hear. He's not "politically correct". He also likes to point out that he's built many successful businesses. What he doesn't mention is that he's also seen a lot of businesses go under. He's talking a good game, with little-to-no plan on how to execute on his "policies". He thinks government can be run like any other business, but sadly, that's not the case. Perhaps his experience with shady deals and cut-throat business ethics can be of some use in DC, but it's a totally different ballgame when you play major league politics. As much as I like his message, I don't think he's got what it takes to be president. Donald has always been about Donald, and I think the presidency is his ultimate goal. I think he's just on a power trip, and I'd be shocked (literally) if his numbers didn't flat-line by election time. Just as Mitt Romney was never going to label China as a "currency manipulator", Trump will never force Mexico to build a wall. Sure, it's a novel idea... just not a practical one. Just my 2c...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
He's spending a lot of his own money for someone who doesn't intend to go all the way....

beth

Administrator
Staff member
However, being POTUS will open every door imaginable then and in the foreseeable future (ask Hiliary how advantages it is and she was just Secretary!). Also, I see Donald enjoying the power trip and taking full advantage of it. He can hire the best to run his empire (and I'm sure he already has the best running it). He's serious, I think, especially now that he's become a rock star.

darthtang aw

Trump is a blow hard. Always has been, always will be. If you are looking for someone that isn't part of the establishment a person would be better served going with Carly Fiorini. That is who I am watching closely at this stage. she backs up what she says with names, stats and what not.

Trump isn't really saying much, just saying what the disenfranchised want to hear. Same way Obama did during his first run.

snakeblitz33

Carly was the CEO of Hewlett-packard for a while,... She is obviously not incompetent, but from looking at the history of the company and their finances under her, she doesn't necessarily shine.

I personally like Huckabee, but we will see how it goes.

jay0705

Trump is a blow hard. Always has been, always will be. If you are looking for someone that isn't part of the establishment a person would be better served going with Carly Fiorini. That is who I am watching closely at this stage. she backs up what she says with names, stats and what not.

Trump isn't really saying much, just saying what the disenfranchised want to hear. Same way Obama did during his first run.
Sad part is so many people are fed up w government they truely do believe in what trump is selling. If it was an actual politician saying what he is I don't think anybody would touch him in the polls. Only a fraction of the people actually vote. Yet more and more that I know are registering this yr, bc of trump!!! People will vote for him if he runs

darthtang aw

Carly was the CEO of Hewlett-packard for a while,... She is obviously not incompetent, but from looking at the history of the company and their finances under her, she doesn't necessarily shine.

I personally like Huckabee, but we will see how it goes.
You also have to keep in mind she took over during the tech crash. A lot of CEOs lost their jobs during that time when circumstances were beyond their control. But going from a secretary to a ceo is a huge accomplishment when done in a major corporation. Much more impressive than trumps four bankruptcies.