Update Time!!!!!

gemmy

Figured, I would post an update since I was perusing the site. I still own seahorses!! :) I also learned how resilient seahorses can be. Last Tuesday, a nasty storm rolled through my area. I lost power for 3 and a half days. Unfortunately, I did not have a generator. I made due with the seahorse tank by using a pitcher and pouring water in. I fed the seahorses a teeny bit of food Wednesday night and then I really just hoped for the best. Well, the seahorses pulled through great!! They are acting as if nothing happened. :)

gemmy

That's great. I would be stressing out like crazy.
Trust me I was, but I put everything in perspective. The storm did widespread damage in my area. There was a house that was split in two when a tree fell on top of it. There was a car flipped over in a parking lot near where I was when the storm rolled through. There is devastation everywhere, but I was lucky. I did lose a good bit of corals and the contents of my fridge, but so many people lost so much more. I am just so very grateful it wasn't worse for me. People are comparing this storm to Hurricane Sandy, but I do not see the comparison. Sandy did so much more damage over a larger area.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Good news for horses but sounds like your community took a beating. Where do you live?