wave makers

teviesfish

Still not sure what to do about it. I really want that motion in the tank. not only does it look kick a*& but i think the fish enjoy it. I dont want to spend my money on a powerhead and then be disappointed but then again i dont want to go for the big bucks and then would have gotten the same thing from the powerhead. Anyone using either?

bojik

Some people use SCWD units some use sweeper powerheads. Some use rotating thingies on the end of PH's/outputs. I have little experience with any of the above so I have no real opinion on any of them.

djm

A wavemaker is a MUST if you want to avoid "dead spots" for detritus to accumulate.
My first wavemaker was a Sandpoint with only 2 outputs. It was relatively pricey for the only function it performs and I was very disappointed the day it stopped working.
IMO- The best wavemaker on the market today is AQ Systems Natural Wave timer. I have 6 powerheads attached to just the cycled outputs on it. It has 2 other outlets for constant power output for anything else you want to use it for.
The AQ Systems wavemaker is under $50. My Sandpoint was close to $100 MORE and had way less versatility.