Whaling Ship vs. Plastic speed boad

browniebuck

I read/watched this about a week ago...these guys (both sides) are freakin' NUTS. I love nature as much as the next guy, but I am not putting my life on the line for anything other than my family (immediate if you read the Pat Robertson thread) and my dogs.
I can't believe that there aren't people out there investigating the Japanese and their practices...how can they claim that they are doing what they are doing for "scientific research"? It seems to me that the legislation that allows them to do what they are doing needs to be fine tuned, as they have found a way around the law. I admire the Sea Shepards and their cause, but they put themselves in harms way a LOT more than they need to on that show.

crypt keeper

The issue is that without people who love animals that much people will be the only things left on this planet then we will die. Its gonna happen. 5000 years ago you could pretty much kill each other without any issues. Now you slap somebody and you head to jail for 30 days. Every animal population is held in check by the strongest survive except people. Hell we have multi million dollar centers for 1000lb fat people who did nothing but eat. Then we watch them on tv. Personally I say kill these people.
We need a good virus that just kills 2/3s the world population and things will be fixed. We are destroying this world.

browniebuck

WOW!!! That was, to put it mildly, a bit harsh!!!

I think that you should be able to exterminate STUPID people, people that don't agree with me, mimes, my old neighbors, Yankee fans, Wolverine fans, and Steeler fans!!!

aquaknight

Yea, sucks to see something pretty cool like the Ady Gil, get trashed at the hands of morons. (Eddie Griffin crashing an Enzo, for instance).
I blame the politicians. They either need close the "killing for research" loophole, or just allow them to commercially hunt. The SeaShepperds are more or less getting exactly what they want, attention, either good or bad, for their cause. No one is going to do anything till either a ship full Sheppard's or Japanese whalers sinks and they lose everyone aboard.
Personally, I look at it geographically. The Japanese are hunting these whales half a world away
, off the Antarctic coast. I fully understand these are "international" waters, but they're no where near Japan. The situation, to me at least, would be completely different if they were just tagging some whales out of Tokyo. But they're no where near Tokyo. I'm trying to think of something that the U.S. does before I make the next comment, but I can't. Could anyone imagine if the U.S. was doing something similar? Say we all developed a taste for Great White sharks, and were hunting them off the coast of South Africa. How long do you think that would last? How long before US flags are burning? Why is the world so irresponsibly reluctant to put pressure on Japan?

chilwil84

the law was written intensionally the way it is so that countries can continue to whale in a smaller scale.

keri

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3212209
The issue is that without people who love animals that much people will be the only things left on this planet then we will die. Its gonna happen. 5000 years ago you could pretty much kill each other without any issues. Now you slap somebody and you head to jail for 30 days. Every animal population is held in check by the strongest survive except people. Hell we have multi million dollar centers for 1000lb fat people who did nothing but eat. Then we watch them on tv. Personally I say kill these people.
We need a good virus that just kills 2/3s the world population and things will be fixed. We are destroying this world.
Don't hold back Crypt, tell us how you really feel ;)
I dunno, I do think there are wayyyy too many people right now, Something's going to happen.

reefraff

As long as the numbers killed are limited to insure the survival of the species I could care less if they hunt them. What I love is the Sea Sheppards claiming the whaling boat ran into their boat which was drifting waiting for fuel. The video shot on the whaling ship show the churn off the props on the other boat.
I give the whalers props for not shooting any of those people yet

browniebuck

another way to limit the population...require parents to pass a test before procreating...may, my job as a teacher would be SO much easier if this were the case!!! I teach 4 leveled math classes each day...many in that low group have parents that never entered high school, can't read, have absolutely 0 control over their children, and/or don't value education in the slightest...the public schools are just a free babysitting service for their children from 8:00 to 2:30 each day, and then they want us to tutor them after school as well (which I have done in the past)...but then, when it is time to pick them up at the scheduled time, they don't show up!!!