What fish can I add?

Dan808

Current fish:

Blenny
Threadfin Butterfly
Coral Beauty
2 Clowns

What kind of fish can I add? I wanted another butterfly but heard that is not good. Bicolor Angel? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

silverado61

What's the background on the tank?
Size of tank?
What filtration equipment and power heads do you have?
Water quality?
How long has it been set up?
How did you add your current fish?
Do you have a clean up crew? Snails, crabs.
Did you QT your fish before you added them one at a time?
We need as much background as we can get before we can give you good answers.

Dan808

What's the background on the tank? dark blue
Size of tank? 125g
What filtration equipment and power heads do you have? fluval and 2 power heads
Water quality? good
How long has it been set up? 9 months
All fish are stong and healthy, have one urchin and some crabs

silverado61

What's the background on the tank? dark blue
Size of tank? 125g
What filtration equipment and power heads do you have? fluval and 2 power heads
Water quality? good
How long has it been set up? 9 months
All fish are stong and healthy, have one urchin and some crabs

Sorry. I meant the background information on your tank. Not the color. My bad.

I'm more of an invertebrate guy so I can't answer your fish questions. But I know everybody will probably ask these same questions so I thought I'd get them out there.

Last edited:

jay0705

You have 5 fish in a 125. Your options are vast lol. Tangs, dwarf angels, look into black and white butterflies, hog fish,hawk fish, wrasse especially

Dan808

You have 5 fish in a 125. Your options are vast lol. Tangs, dwarf angels, look into black and white butterflies, hog fish,hawk fish, wrasse especially
It is a FOWLR. I added a bicolor this week, the coral beauty is slightly messing with it but I assume that is normal. Its starting to isolate and sit in corner though so I am no confident it will survive.

I had super bad luck with wrasse, especially a bird wrasse I think it killed a couple angels. In general as long as I do not get something of same size/species and a not too aggressive fish do you think everyone will get along? I know that is a super general/loaded question. Reason I ask as even though in hawaii I am super limited to what fish store brings in each week so I want to be prepared.

Last edited:

jay0705

Do not mix dwarf angels. Look at flasher and fairy wrasse tho much easier and peaceful. If you like a larger wrasse i like the hovans.

Dan808

Do not mix dwarf angels. Look at flasher and fairy wrasse tho much easier and peaceful. If you like a larger wrasse i like the hovans.
Thanks. Can I mix any other butterfly with the threadfin? Would a black back work? How about yellow tangs?

jay0705

You can mix yellow tangs if added together, odd numbers tho. 3, for example. You can mix butterflies, dissimilar looking is best