what fish can you keep in a 5 gallon tank

joojoo

check out seahorse.org (they dont sell animals, so i hope its ok to post)
its full of info and you'll find everything you need to know about ponies

drewsta

Originally Posted by CELACANTHr
I am pretty sure that most Captive Bred Dwarf Seahorses will not eat frozen, but I do agree CB are way healthier than WC (wild caught).
At the LFS where I work we regularly get in CB seahorses we feed live brine first to get them eating and then we slowly start feeding frozen brine 90% of the time the will accept it

celacanthr

yes, CB horses of almost any other species will eat frozen, but most breeders of Hippocampus zosterae are unable to get the dwarfs on frozen, or if they do then they can usually revert back to eating live.

ray28576

Age matters because?? :notsure: If Surfnusa is smart enough to get on here and research, then I say he/she is smart enough to keep a seahorse. As long as you study and learn how to care for the animal, and you feel you will be able to do it. Then I say try anything once.

guitar

I say if your gonna do any type of seahorse get at least your tank set up for at least a year and a half. Ive had mine for 2 and a half to almost 3 years now and i just got my first seahorse. Before i got it we put all my other fish in the 75 gallon and the seahorse and my pistol shrimp are in the 29. It is a really awesome experience with the seahorse in that ive been waiting so long for it. One of my main sources was seahorse.org so try that out if you guys are interested

aweo

i kept a CBS in a 3 gallon betta show tank for 6 months.
I ended up putting it in a bigger tank, and piece of live rock promply fell on it.....

And as for harlequins, my father kept one for at least a year, the stars regenerated as fast as he ate it. Ill ask him how big they where.
I've seen them in quite a few tanks in hawaii.

Skeete

what fish can you keep in 5 gallon tank i was thinking of like a royal gramma or a clown fish what fish would be good
I read the below comments about what you can and cannot have in a 5 gallon and a ten gallon. My profile picture shows a ten gallon reef with fish, inverts, coral. I think it all depends on what type of setup you have. I have had fish since I was 7 years old. Worked in a pet store for over 19 years, sold fresh and saltwater fish, corals inverts, etc. Set up saltwater and freshwater ponds etc. I am not an expert, but I am an expert on my own tanks. I know what I need to make it work and I know what will make it fail. During the process I lost 2 clownfish in the 10 gallon tank due to a bully clownfish. The tank has live sand, live rock, nutra-seawater, a Bio wheel 200, a Aqua clear 30 filter with just a sponge and Chemi pure blue turned down to the lowest setting. In the tank currently I have a fire fish, a clownfish, a pajama cardinal, a algae blenny, a royal gramma, 4 yellow polyp rocks, 3 metallic green leather toadstool mushroom corals, calerpa,, cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimps, colony polyp, 1 feather duster. and assorted snails and crab. It's patience and time and care.
Not recommended for everyone unless you are dedicated to it and do a lot of reading. I have lost corals along the way, probably due to not acclimating correctly before adding them. I get my via UPS, I have never lost anything thru the mail. ***********.com and saltybottom.com. I haven't tried anywhere else yet, But I see nice thing listed here, so I think I will give them a try for my next project.
I don't give advice, Because I am still learning also. I only say what I have done for myself, and that only came with reading and asking questions from people like you. That's is the only reason I have success and failures also, just like everyone else.