what is the best macro algae?

I am wanting to get some macro algae for my tank because its got its benefits plus i like the look of it, but i dont know what kind is best or where to get it...my lfs never has any...all opinions are welcomed

jay0705

It depends where u wana keep it. Main tank, sump, fuge ect. Calipura, cheato, are a few.

snakeblitz33

We can't post other websites/businesses on these forums. Check first with saltwaterfish.com store to see if they have any good deals, and then I'm sure you can find some penny algae deals elsewhere on the interwebs.

Caulerpa racemosa, Caulerpa mexicana, grascillaria, and others are great for display. I would stay away from shaving brush, pine cone, halimeda, uulva, and chaetomorpha in your tank, for various reasons.

silverado61

I'm surprised they don't have a ton of it in their sumps. My lfs gave it away. Before road construction choked their business and went belly up.

jay0705

Hmmm, rt now bc of xmas saltwaterfish. Com is running decent deals as far as shipping. I believe as a new customer u get a break too. They have a few macros usually

jay0705

Oh I hear ya. If your looking for fish its a good place too. Its the same shipping cost so why not stock up if u see decent stuff

jay0705

I dont work for them lol when I ordered I got some shrimp, crabs, and snails bc of the good deals and I got an alage blenny to see how there fish quality was. I was very pleased. Idk what ur current tank stock is , but if u have room there fish are good