What kind and how many fish can I put in a 50-gallon fish only aquarium?

NeonGuppy

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me decide on what to put in my saltwater aquarium I really like
-clownfish,
-moorish idol,
-banggai cardinals,
-lion fish, and
-Gobi fish
but any other kinds of fish I would be willing to consider too. I don't know if the ones I like are compatible or if the tank is big enough for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated also if you would just like to let me know what you would put in it that would be great too.

The tank is a hexagon shape (I know it's not the best but whatever works is good with me) 50 gallons, I will put lots of live rock and sand, and maybe a few corals but I'm not big into corals I like the personalities of fish more.
-Thanks in advance :)

lmforbis

Moorish idol no. Even in a big tank your chance of success is almost 0. Dwarf lion is fine but not with the other fish you have it will eat them. The rest are good choices.

NeonGuppy

Moorish idol no. Even in a big tank your chance of success is almost 0. Dwarf lion is fine but not with the other fish you have it will eat them. The rest are good choices.
Thanks so much for the response and for the warning about the Moorish idol I will skip that fish and how many do you think of the other fish could I put in the 50 gallon

lmforbis

Small fish, depending on type, maybe 6-7. By small fish I mean less than 3” as adults. No damsels in that shape tank.