What Kind of Fish in a 55????

petekc

What kind of fish would go good in a 55 gallon tank? I already have 6 Damsels (3 domino, 2 blue, 1 yellow tail). I also have alot of lace and volcanic rock int he tank for lots of play and hiding spaces.

petekc

Thanks for the info. Anything else I can put in there besides Damsels? Aren't Fiji Devils a species of Damsels?

craigj

Zebras get a little big for a 55 I think. Not to mention they'd probably eat every damsel you got.

djpower

Put in some triggers and a lion volitan lionfish You have a rambo tank then like I have and the first meal already paid for.

sully659

yes the lion would probably eat the damsels, but only if they swam passed its mouth... I would disagree on the fact that the zebra wouldnt eat the damsels, because they are two fast for the eel. Not to mention zebra eels are one of the more peaceful morays despite thier 3.5 ft size. I do agree however that it is to big for that tank, considering if I can remember right a 55 is 12 inches wide. HTH

sully659

The thing about the lion is, that you might get some time with the lion before it gets big enough to eat the damsels... that doesnt really matter anyway, because no lion except for one of the dwarf variety could go in that tank.